android
Old 01-26-2010, 09:27 PM

Default Creating .pla Playlists for Walkman A826.

To create playlists for my Walkman, I always have to use Windows Explorer, which is time-consuming and doesn't allow me to add songs to the playlist. I have tried downloading MediaMonkey, but .pla isn't listed as an output. I've also searched Google, and haven't found any programs which can create .pla's easily. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-27-2010, 03:20 AM
Administrator

If you sync a playlist from MM it creates a .pla playlist file along with adding the needed files from your computer. If you are trying to create .pla files from files on your player I haven't found a way to do that with MM. There's another thread on that here.

BTW you can add files to a Explorer created playlist. In Explorer click on the .pla file to open the Properties box. Drag files or folders from the player into the open References box.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
If you sync a playlist from MM it creates a .pla playlist file along with adding the needed files from your computer. If you are trying to create .pla files from files on your player I haven't found a way to do that with MM. There's another thread on that here.

BTW you can add files to a Explorer created playlist. In Explorer click on the .pla file to open the Properties box. Drag files or folders from the player into the open References box.
To create playlists on your player with MediaMonkey (MM), you have to first create your playlists in MM and then tell MM to sync them to your player. To do this you have to do the following:

- On the menu bar click on "Tools" > "Options" and then "Portable/Audio Devices" on the side list.

- Select your player from the "Available Devices" list and then click on the "Configure" button.

- Click on the "Auto-Sync list" tab and then the "Playlists" tab and a list of your playlists will appear. Click on the playlists you want synced to your player. When you sync your player, the playlists (and the files they contain) will be loaded on your player. The playlists will be placed in a folder called "Playlists". Once set up, it should be seemless.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 07-20-2011, 08:30 AM

Actual Tag Editor 1.6 can create PLA playlists easily.

Tags
.pla, a826, playlist