android
Old 07-20-2009, 09:37 AM

Default Zen moziac EZ300 Sound skips

alright i've got my zen moziac for 3 days now, but i'm absolutly not happy with it!

the thing is that when i play a song it randomly skips like 0.1 sec of the song. just soundskipping. i think the player is just to slow for playing music, becouse if i go up to my albums for example while playing a song the music skips way more. while calculating, if i let it stand still on one album it the skipping is less but when i start browsering it all goes skipping.

i've reformatted my zen and got the newest firmware.

i know that it might be becouse ALL my songs are 320 kbsp, but common it must be a really crappy player if it can't play those songs. before this Creative Zen i had a fake mp3 player from china, and that one had no problem with anything.

my question is, do all you zen users have your music reformatted to 128 kbps? or is there something wrong with my zen?

PS: i already mailed creative but i figured i can ask it here to.

Faray

Last edited by farayman3; 07-20-2009 at 10:17 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farayman3 View Post
alright i've got my zen moziac for 3 days now, but i'm absolutly not happy with it!

the thing is that when i play a song it randomly skips like 0.1 sec of the song. just soundskipping. i think the player is just to slow for playing music, becouse if i go up to my albums for example while playing a song the music skips way more. while calculating, if i let it stand still on one album it the skipping is less but when i start browsering it all goes skipping.

i've reformatted my zen and got the newest firmware.

i know that it might be becouse ALL my songs are 320 kbsp, but common it must be a really crappy player if it can't play those songs. before this Creative Zen i had a fake mp3 player from china, and that one had no problem with anything.

my question is, do all you zen users have your music reformatted to 128 kbps? or is there something wrong with my zen?

PS: i already mailed creative but i figured i can ask it here to.

Faray
Most of the songs on my Mozaic are high-bitrate too, and VBR to boot....and I'm getting no skipping. Even going through the menus while a song is playing, and doing all the settings, it never skipped.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:55 AM

I have had my player for about a month, and have had this experience as well. At first, I thought it was linked to an older MP3 codec (GoGo) that a lot of my music was encoded in. But it turns out that just about anything can skip given a chance, although the problem is nowhere near as bad as I believed it to be at first - just about everything can play properly as well, and usually does!

In my experience, skipping is more likely to occur just after the player has been connected for charging/music transfer. So now, I usually switch the player off and back on again once it's finished rebuilding the library. Also, if skipping suddenly becomes quite frequent during regular playback, I will also switch it off and back on again.

As the 320 kbs issue: Most of my music is encoded at 128 kbs, but I have some encoded at higher rates, right up to 320 kbs. It does seem that skipping is more likely to occur at higher rates, particularly 320 kbs, although (again) I'm not as sure of this as I was at first.

Like farayman3, but unlike Marvin the Martian above, I have found that skipping can also occur if you navigate away somewhere else in the music library while a track is playing. It seems as if the player can't handle all the extra work sometimes. This only seems to happen at certain times though.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I wonder then if this problem is specific to the Mozaic EZ300 as opposed to the original Mozaic (which is what I have).

Old 07-28-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I wonder then if this problem is specific to the Mozaic EZ300 as opposed to the original Mozaic (which is what I have).
It could indeed be confined to the EZ series - mine is actually the 8GB EZ100 model.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 AM

I have the same problem too. And it is getting me very frustrated and disappointed. I had confidence in CREATIVE when I bought it, because my previous model, ZEN NEEON worked perfectly well. It lasted probably more than two years and would have continued if I hadn't dropped it from too high a height. But MOIZAIC EZ300 is disappointing. I regret buying it. The skips are extremely annoying, and my ears are very sensitive to the sudden skips it really makes me feel like not listening at all sometimes. I would agree that the skips occur more often after transfering files, and it gets better after a really long time, but turning it off and on does not solve the problem at all. But I can't be expected to not update my playlist just because of this! The battery life is good but that doesn't matter because the player plays badly - that is the main function of a player isn't it? The sound skips are BAD, VERY BAD! This is my review of my CREATIVE MOZAIC EZ300 - just so that this turns up on search engines. Damn it, I searched for reviews before I bought it and never saw this problem stated anywhere! I am never buying creative again. I'd rather pay more for an apple ipod. At least it's tried and tested reliable.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:32 AM

I had this problem too. But I think I fixed it. (I have Zen Mozaic EZ100)

I fomatted the player, reinstalled firmware, uploaded music. Everything seemed to be ok, but from time to time it still skipped. I realised it can be because of my wallpaper, so I erased it, turn off and on and it seems to be alright now. I played a whole 320kbps album and there was no skipping. (sometimes it skips while opening large list of interprets or albums. but it is only sometimes!)

...i'm sorry for my English, i'm from Czech Republic...

Old 01-06-2010, 07:43 AM

@Martin: you are correct about this issue belonging to the EZ300. I had the original Mozaic (which I loved) and did not have any problems with it. This "EZ" version, however, is a dog. I have the same problems as the original poster, plus after I finally got my WMP playlists to sync, the player would take 5-10 MINUTES to load.

@alqx: I could not agree more. This is the fourth Creative player I have bought and probably the last. I have spent the morning leaving bad reviews on it on shopping websites. Besides the technical issues, which are bad beyond belief, the design is also messed up. Why would they make the buttons on a BLACK player black??

I have reset my player, uninstalled music, reloaded music, updated firmware that was already current, read every Mozaic forum on the Internet, and the problems continue. If this is the first Creative experience for some consumers, they won't be back.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:42 AM

Hi all, lock the player and when your screen goes blank, you'l observe that the sound doesn't skip anymore.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Please notice the dates on posts and don't bump old threads. This thread was started 2 years ago and the last post was over 1 1/2 years ago. If the OP hasn't solved this in that time they're not going to.

Thread Closed.

Closed Thread