android
Old 01-15-2009, 08:30 PM

Default Zen Mozaic NOT detected on computer

OK i hooked up my Zen Mozaic lx up to my computer installed every thing.Then i got a pop up asking if i would like to install the zen (or some thing along that line) so i clicked yes.now its not detected on my computer.It will charge but i cant put any thing on it (music,videos,ect.). think you can help me?

oh yeah and another pop up came up saying some it may not work properly.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

How's the driver being shown in Device Manager? The Zen should be showing under the Portable Devices section. It should be listed with no error over its entry. If the driver is loading fine, you should be able to see the Zen as a Portable Device under My Computer/Windows Explorer. What version of Windows are you using? What version of WMP is installed?

Zen FAQ

Old 01-21-2009, 04:56 PM

i'm facing the same problem here
wmp 11,windows xp sp3
and it doesnt appear in my computer at all
and i cant reach it through the windows media player or creative central

edit:
try uninstalling everything
and then connect the device and insert the cd.
the windows hardware installation wizard will pop out choose install from specific location and choose the cd rom
it worked out for me and i hope it works for you

Last edited by lyzeman; 01-21-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome...... and good job! Thanks for updating.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-09-2009, 11:38 AM

I am actually still having this problem. I've got WMP 11 and XP Pro SP3. Even with trying what lyzeman gives, my device manager still shows my player as an MTP device with a ! next to it, and it still isn't recognized by my computer. I'm not a complete novice with MP3 players, but this has me stumped. Any advice?

Old 02-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

So, what's the reason for the ! in Device Manager? What have you done to try and resolve the issue?

Zen FAQ

Old 02-09-2009, 12:21 PM

When I attach the device, XP automatically sees it and recognizes it to start, attempts to install the MTP device driver, and notes that the driver won't work until there's a reboot. Rebooting, however, doesn't seem to solve it. I've uninstalled the driver, tried to find an update, and checked to make sure Windows XP and WMP 11 were fully updated.

In clicking properties, the following message is displayed on the MTP driver:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Old 02-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoille View Post
In clicking properties, the following message is displayed on the MTP driver:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
This indicates that MTP is either not installed correctly or not functioning. Have you reininstalled WMP11? This will reinstall the Windows Media Framework/MTP. See the Zen FAQ for more information.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 PM

Default Zen Mozaic not dtected on computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
How's the driver being shown in Device Manager? The Zen should be showing under the Portable Devices section. It should be listed with no error over its entry. If the driver is loading fine, you should be able to see the Zen as a Portable Device under My Computer/Windows Explorer. What version of Windows are you using? What version of WMP is installed?
I have a ZEN Mozaic mp3 player that was working just fine on my computer but now my computer will not detect the mp3 player. I have read alot of the threads prior to asking for your help. Nothing that I've tried seems to correct the problem. The mp3 player works fine on other computers. I get a code 10 error (device is not working properly). When I attach the mp3 player to my computer I get Found new hardware, and I hear a popping noise, but the hardware does not get installed. Before I started having this problem I remember going on to Creative.com and downloading something to the mp3 player. I don't think at this point that it is the player because it works fine on other computers. I'm totally frustated at this point. I have put the mp3 player in the Recovery Mode and done cleanup and reboot several times, format all, and selected to reload the firmware, which I can't do on my computer because the player is not detected by my computer. I am running Windows XP with SP3. Please can you help me.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:07 AM

I'm going to try reinstalling WMP 11 on my machine tomorrow and see if that fixes it. There seems to be something off about that too, so that very well may be the problem.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams1 View Post
The mp3 player works fine on other computers. I get a code 10 error (device is not working properly).
Your issue is indeed a computer/Windows issue and not a Zen issue. Error code 10 usually means something is intereferring with the driver loading properly. Check the Zen FAQ for possible solutions to this issue. The Zen FAQ is showing for the regular Zen for specs and software usage, but the Troubleshooting section is the same for all new Zens. The most common cause is number 2 below:

Quote:
If recieving receiving "The device cannot start (code 10 or Code 18)" within Device Manager, you can try this registry entry change to fix this problem:

Possible Fix 1:

Warning: This fix involves editing the Windows Registry. Please try if you feel it is your last resort and any of the previous fixes have not worked. It is a good idea to back up the enteries you modify or delete.

1. Disconnect the Zen, if connected.

2. Run regedit (Click on the "Start" button and select "Run") and go to this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{EEC5AD98-8080-425f-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}

3. In the right hand panel, the key "(Default)" should say "Portable Devices".

4. Delete the Key “UpperFilters”.

5. Delete the Key “LowerFilters” (If present).

6. Reconnect the device .

This Registry change has been known to work on Windows XP SP2 only. I am not sure if it will work on other versions of Windows.

Possible Fix 2:

Check the Control Panel > Admin Tools> Services for a service called LibUSB-Win32 and disable it. This service has been confirmed to cause this error with the Zen's driver. See threads here, here, and here.

Possible Fix 3:

A corrupt database on the Zen has also been known to cause this. In theory, the Zen will react by not communicating during enumeration (loading the driver with the OS) to prevent any further possible corruption. To correct this corruption, boot the Zen into Recovery Mode and select a Cleanup from the menu. Along this same theory, if a Cleanup doesn't seem to repair the database, the corruption could also be more severe and exist on the file system level. Too correct a file system corruption, boot the Zen into Recovery Mode and select Format from the menu. A Format will rebuild the file system WARNING: A Format will erase all files on the Zen, so keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams1 View Post
and selected to reload the firmware, which I can't do on my computer because the player is not detected by my computer.
Since you have now selected the Reload Firmware option, the firmware that was installed is now erased. So, you will need to get that reinstalled. You can either correct the issue with your computer and then attempt to reinstall the firmware or use another working computer to do so in the mean time.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-06-2010, 05:53 AM

wmp 11,windows xp sp3
and i cant reach it through the windows media player or creative centrale.
It is stuck on the "Scanning Disk" screen

Old 02-06-2010, 05:57 AM

wmp 11,windows xp sp3
and i cant reach it through the windows media player or creative centrale.
It is stuck on the "Scanning Disk" screen....when i unplug it from my pc and try to switch it on, it shows the "Cretive-Zen" screen and shuts down again....I've rebooted(NOT RESET) it many times but nothing is happening. I am not able to reset it also....

Old 06-25-2010, 02:46 PM

I've had the exact same problem. Reinstalling WMP 11 solved it on one of the comptuers, the other one still has the same problem.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:17 PM

Help

hi im facing a much much worse problem!! ok not that bad but, im connecting my mozaic to my comp and i dnt have the disk i dnt know where it went but everytime i plug it in it says that i have to install the hardware. but i have no disk so i cant do this. i just wanna put more songs on my mp4 player and its not allowing me 2. ive had no problems in the past with putting songs on it and i dnt know how its happened but it isnt detected on my computer either not as anything, i dont know what 2 do can anybody help me??

Old 07-23-2011, 12:10 PM

Anyone here got a solution to the "Scanning Disk..." problem??

Tags
mozaic, mp3, zen mozaic