android
Old 01-16-2011, 12:40 PM

Default just received my x7..mixed review

I do not understand what cowon was thinking...truly.....this is the most frustrating player i have ever owned...and i have owned pretty much every player....the x7 sounds absolutely fantastic,has great battery life and of course tons of hard drive space...that is the positive....on the other hand it is way too big,the touch screen is absolutely awful and it is impossible to navigate around due to the horrible touch screen.....if this was smaller with a better designed navigation system and touch screen this might just be the best player available .....what a shame,again i ask what were they thinking?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-18-2011, 08:18 AM

I would prefer some nice physical buttons or a little X5 style joystick to be honest. I hate touchscreens on everything.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:46 AM

Short brief and to the point, thanks for sharing your opinions.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-18-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrach View Post
I do not understand what cowon was thinking...truly.....this is the most frustrating player i have ever owned...and i have owned pretty much every player....the x7 sounds absolutely fantastic,has great battery life and of course tons of hard drive space...that is the positive....on the other hand it is way too big,the touch screen is absolutely awful and it is impossible to navigate around due to the horrible touch screen.....if this was smaller with a better designed navigation system and touch screen this might just be the best player available .....what a shame,again i ask what were they thinking?
If you haven't done it already "calibrate your touchscreen" from the system menu and I advise you to use the butt of a pen or something like that for better accuracy. I'm quite content with the screen, maybe because I was expecting it to be far less responsive because it's a resistive screen... That also means the touching style is different, you have to press the buttons really...

Old 01-26-2011, 09:00 AM

I also think the screen is pretty good. Use your the back of a fingernail to navigate, it helps greatly.

Originally I had some problems with it as well. Clicked things accidentally when I was trying to scroll etc. But you get used to it, and as mentioned above calibrating helps too.

And I don't get why people say it's too big. I've never thought it was too big, and it's certainly more portable than my other option, which is the iPod Classic + E7 combo (iPod in itself is far too weak to drive my phones properly).

Old 08-01-2011, 03:27 AM

I'm using my Nintendo DS stylus - that's made a huge difference to the ease in navigating the touch screen.