android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2011, 01:03 PM

Default Great deal on the ARCHOS 43...See Inside

I've had my A43 for about a week and I'm loving it. The screen size is perfect for my needs, and looks great. The touch screen is kind of touchy, but I'm starting to get used to it. I had some problems getting Windows Media Player to connect with the A43 for Sync, but in WMP Options, clicking on Refresh under Devices fixed that.

I loaded up a video 'Alice in Wonderland' converted at VC1, WMA Pro-HD 720p (1.6GB) and it looked very good and sounded good too using a nice pair of Sennheiser's, but the sound level was rather low.

I Synced my WMA (variable bit rate-highest quality) playlists to the A43, but the A43 didn't organize them as playlists, so I had to manually configure them using the built in Create a Playlist feature in the A43. It wasn't that big of a deal as I went from Album to Album and not Song to Song. Again, with my Sennheiser's it sounds good to me, but I'm no audiofile.

I won't have my Wi-Fi network set up untill next week, so I can't comment on using the internet or Android apps.

Anyway, I've been shopping at Newegg for years building computers and such, and I picked up my A43 along with the official Archos A43 case ($20.00) for $150.00 for both...free shipping...no tax. For what you get it's a pretty good deal.

ARCHOS 4.3 MP3/MP4 Player 43 Internet Tablet - 8GB

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]