android
Old 07-17-2011, 06:08 AM

Unhappy Conversion of flv videos

Hi all! All right, here's the problem and I really hope someone can help me out with it. Word of warning though - I'm not exactly very tech savvy.

I've been using RealPlayer Downloader to download my videos off Youtube. There is no way to convert from .mp4 and .flv directly.

Hence, I've been using AVC. Thing is, not every file seems to convert correctly. I've tried everything from ripping the videos and then reconverting the by-product but it doesn't seem to work.

The files after conversion do not sync; the audio plays normally but the video's way too fast. Initially I found a way which was to use an online converter flvto.com and convert via link to .mpg file. Only then would I use AVC to convert to .avi to ensure that it'll play in the X-Fi2.

So question is...anyway to convert my flv/mp4 files without the videos being rushed?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-17-2011, 06:10 AM

Btw, I've been using the following settings for AVC.

Video Options
==========

Video Codec: mpeg4
Frame Size: 400x240
Video Bitrate: 640
Video Framerate: 25

Audio Options
==========

Audio Codec: mp3
Audio Bitrate: 64
Sampling Rate: 44100
Audio Channel: 2
Disable Audio: No
A/V Sync: Basic

Old 07-19-2011, 12:23 AM

I use realplayer as well for my videos. What I do is after the download, there's the "convert all" button, right? I click that and go select my video format. Then I choose the Creative M. Since its both creative products, they read the same format. So choose that option and then convert.

Well, that was what I first did, but since it doesnt look so good, since the Creative M is a bit older, I found a different program. It's called Pazera converter. If you want, you can download that, but get the flv to avi version. (you can google it)

download it, extract, and open up the program. Then select your files and here's what I use for the conversion settings.

Video Codec Xvid 1.1.3 Final
Bitrate: 800 kbit/s
FPS: Auto

Audio Codec : Mp3

Bitrate: 160 kbit/s
Sampling Frequency: Auto
Channels: Auto

Resolution: 640x 480 -VGA

And thats it, click convert, and it'll do the job. Just make sure you know where you're saving it so you can find it later when it's done. The pazera converter option, IMO, is better because the video is better quality after it's done. But it's your choice, Hope I helped.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:46 AM

Talking

Jumpsuit, my greatest thanks. Pazera works like a charm - the only thing I disliked was the seemingly long wait but I can live with it. Thank you so very much!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:40 PM

Same problem here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpsuit View Post

Well, that was what I first did, but since it doesnt look so good, since the Creative M is a bit older, I found a different program. It's called Pazera converter. If you want, you can download that, but get the flv to avi version. (you can google it)

download it, extract, and open up the program. Then select your files and here's what I use for the conversion settings.

Video Codec Xvid 1.1.3 Final
Bitrate: 800 kbit/s
FPS: Auto

Audio Codec : Mp3

Bitrate: 160 kbit/s
Sampling Frequency: Auto
Channels: Auto

Resolution: 640x 480 -VGA

And thats it, click convert, and it'll do the job. Just make sure you know where you're saving it so you can find it later when it's done. The pazera converter option, IMO, is better because the video is better quality after it's done. But it's your choice, Hope I helped.
After I downloaded and installed pazera, I could only convert 20% of the video which I wanted to convert, any ideos how I can change that? :S

Old 08-08-2011, 12:04 PM

I do all my conversion with formatfactory.
It lets you convert directly from flv or mp4 to avi, and I've never had a problem.

Make sure you don't exceed the bitrate that the x-fi2 can handle. I'm not sure of the exact number but 700kb/s should be fine and give you a decent picture. Make sure to use xvid and mp3 as your codecs, and resizing the image to 400x240 wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited by vladesch; 08-08-2011 at 12:10 PM.