android
Old 09-07-2008, 01:46 AM

Default No Artist Category

Hello. I just bought a 8gig Fuze today as my 20 gig ipod was stolen the other day. After thinking about it for a while and realizing that I was still a lemming doing what Apple told me and how they told me to do it I decided to buy a non-apple/microsoft music player. Anyway, long-short, I got this Fuze.

I use a distro called PuppyLinux and I'm struggling loading my music onto the player. First of all, I have 17 gigs of music over on my imac most of which was bought thru itunes, so I had to get a DRM cracker and am one-by-one changing albums into a non-communist music form. Then I have to bring it across the room via usb key and put it on my laptop. My computer recognizes the sansa as a usb and I have been dragging-and-dropping music into the music folder after opening the sansa drive. But the mp3's I bring over from the imac fall under, "unknown" and only show the song title. When I use pcdripper to rip the few cd's I have, the fuze recognizes song, album and artist without a hitch. I am using MSC mode in the usb category.

Any ideas? I had heard that Amorak under Linux works but I don't use KDE but I have a ton of livecd's and am willing to use a distro to update my fuze when needed if necessary. When I tried Amorak with LinuxMint 4, it was very confusing and not explanitory. But I knew this might happen when I decided that I wouldn't buy the other two kinds.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-07-2008, 02:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sounds like you have have a tag issue. You need to look at your tags for any blanks.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

as advcomp2019 said, your music might not be properly tagged. if this is the case, then simply use a program like mp3tag to properly tag you music, then it should be fine

Old 09-07-2008, 03:17 AM

you bought 17 fucking gigs off itunes??????????????

Old 09-07-2008, 02:59 PM

Whatever process you're using to convert your music isn't bringing in the artist tag correctly. Try fixing some of them with Easytag and see if that corrects the problem. I'm afraid you have a lot of work ahead of you.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:46 PM

Thanks for the tips. I'll check into a linux 'tagger'.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom K1lla View Post
you bought 17 fxxxing gigs off itunes??????????????
Alas yes. But now I know better. Can you recommend a better site to legally purchase mp3's that has a huge selection? My itunes days are over. Where do those who have been set free from the matrix buy their stuff?

By the way, it WAS a tag problem. I downloaded easytag, tried it, didn't like it, found out that Puppy comes with Pmetatagger, and have been parked in front of my laptop for hours entering data. Oh well, nothing else to do. Thanks for the fix.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:39 AM

How about Amazons MP3 store? The quality is quite nice and it's DRM free. I think, they charge 99 cents per title.

Last edited by zickZackMann; 09-09-2008 at 09:14 AM.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:45 AM

I buy the cd at Amazon and rip to FLAC. If I can get a used one, even with shipping it's a better deal and sounds way better than 256 mp3.