android
Old 08-16-2011, 02:48 AM

Default Can ZVM sync without dongle?

I would like to be able to sync my ZVM with my computer using only a single cable. (I use my ZVM in the car, and would like to just leave the dongle there permanently so I don't lose it.)

I've seen third party ZVM data/power cables for sale on eBay and Amazon. Many of the Amazon reviews say that the cables did a decent job charging their Zens, but didn't successfully sync them.

I've also read warnings from others in this forum about potential dangers from charging your Zen without the dongle using USB. (I'm not sure whether this refers to USB on the computer, or using a USB wall charger.)

I'm not particularly interested in charging my ZVM through the computer; I can easily do this in my car. I would, however, like to sync my ZVM and load up music without having to lug the adapter around.

Can anyone tell me whether they have successfully used one of these cables for synchronizing music?

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-16-2011, 04:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The real problem with the cables you are asking about is frying the motherboard of your player. Buy another dongle & use it. The only other acceptable cable is the one Creative had for the Zen http://cgi.ebay.com/Creative-Sync-Ca...item519a417703 Sleek/SleekPhoto players. I have purchased additional dongles for my players on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Creative-Zen-Sle...item5ae1ffe27e

Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 PM

Thanks for the response, Coachop94.

Your suggestion is a good one,and I'll buy another...I was just hoping to abandon the dongle altogether...but alas, it is not to be.

Thanks again.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The closest you can get to an all-in-one is in the first link in my post. The cord for the Zen Sleek/Photo works with the Zen VM for transfering music data & charging but not video output. So if you only use for music & photos then it will work .