android
Old 04-22-2011, 06:20 PM

Red face Few questions about the Zen X-Fi2 ( SD card )

Hi uhmm I got a few questions about this player

* When you have a lot of music in the SD card, it lags like the normal Zen? ( I have around 500 songs without folders, and always take some time to play music )

* The Built-in Speaker is loud?, when you use it at max volume how it sounds?

* The battery life is poorly?, how long is it?

* The video playback is good?

* When you need to use the SD card, always takes some time? ( I saw a video in Youtube, in the video a guy enters into the SD and takes around 1 minute to use it... )

* You can make a list with the SD card music?, and rate the music that is in the SD card?

* Can I see the song's information in the SD?

* When you're playing music from the SD card, can you watch photos ( From the SD and player ), configure the X-Fi and things like that?

Sorry for my terrible english

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-23-2011, 02:18 AM

For all the Memory card question, you can easily avoid these problems:
I have the 64Gb version, and when I insert a memory card I simply import all the files.

The Built-in Speaker is not so loud. At max volume it's a little more strong than a telephone.

The battery last enough. I've made a 15 days holiday and I only need it to recharge twice (it include a total of 6 hours of round trip)

Video playback is very good, colors are beautiful.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:27 AM

Thanks for the aswer But... I always use the Mp3 ( In this case the 8GB ) with Metal music, and use the SD card to have Rock and other generes. So, I need to know some things about the MP3 player and SD slot ( I repeat much that word, damn xD )

Old 04-24-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr4i7h View Post
* When you have a lot of music in the SD card, it lags like the normal Zen? ( I have around 500 songs without folders, and always take some time to play music )
I haven't personally noticed any lags (either with the player or with the card).

Quote:
* The Built-in Speaker is loud?, when you use it at max volume how it sounds?
The speaker is not very loud. You have to be ready to turn the volume up to 20 or so (out of 25). The speaker itself is very small so it does not produce much bass, but I think it sounds OK given how small it is.

Quote:
* The battery life is poorly?, how long is it?
As commented above, battery life is usually great.

Quote:
* The video playback is good?
Again, I would agree with forli.

Quote:
* When you need to use the SD card, always takes some time? ( I saw a video in Youtube, in the video a guy enters into the SD and takes around 1 minute to use it... )
Yes, it takes a while as the player makes a database of the songs, pictures etc the first time you ask to play something. How long exactly depends on how many files you have on the SD card. The one I use (with maybe a few hundred tracks on it) takes about 30 seconds I think.

Quote:
* You can make a list with the SD card music?, and rate the music that is in the SD card?
I don't think you can make playlists from the SD card. You would need to import the tracks to the player first.

You can rate the tracks on the SD card, I think; but I haven't tried it and I don't know whether the ratings are "saved" on the card for another time.

Quote:
* Can I see the song's information in the SD?
Yes.

Quote:
* When you're playing music from the SD card, can you watch photos ( From the SD and player ), configure the X-Fi and things like that?
I think so, yes.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:53 AM

Hi

You can rate music on SD but they are lost on reboot (creative at is best!) and the time access to SD it depends the amount of memory and the amount of info you have on SD.

I have a 8Gb sd with 6Gg of music and it takes 2m58s to load library!! Then, you can see the files like on build in memory.

No, you cant make playlists from SD what makes the SD slot a bit useless...I donīt use it. Creative downgraded the file management from ZEN to ZEN xfi2. Windows media player should recognize the file rating system like the old ZEN!

Play music from SD and you can see fotos and configure system. SD memory and build in memory have their own now playing, so...they donīt intercalate!

Next player I will buy Philips GoGear muse, it has a better OS, manage functions and performance, and its one of the few that still have the files rating system and the compatibility with WMP, since Creative (unfortunately for consumer) left the WMP comp. for mp3 players.

Cons- bigger and a bit pricey than xfi2.

Hope it will help others make the the right choice!

Last edited by zipias; 08-31-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:28 PM

-i don't know about the sd card because i have no need for one yet, i have one on stand by though.
-the battery life is great if you have your brightness setting a 10% all of the time. it isn't all that hard to see it at that setting (from my experience)
- video play back i good
-the built in speaker isn't too loud but the quality isn't good.