android
Old 08-29-2011, 06:58 AM

Default Samsung R1 EQ - Best Bass

Hello,

I have been using this website for quite awhile in order to find out various bits of information on my Samsung R1 player and for firmware updates, but i've never actually registered before. So i would like to thank lebellium and the community for sharing and providing to everyone.

So on to my question. What is the best bass EQ on the Samsung R1?
As a basshead i've been doing the whole "trial and error" process in an attempt to boost the low-end frequencies for quite some time now, but i've had no luck in perfecting it. Im unsure on the specifics of the frequencies but im guessing around the 20-30Hz mark. I use the Monster Turbine earphones in which when listening on my laptop give this low-end grunt in such songs as "Young Jeezy - Welcome back" "Tech N9ne - Delusional" "Young Jeezy - All White Everything" and "Webbie - Just Like Me" but they all seem to lack the bass performance when im listening on my R1. If anyone could provide an suggestion or what frequencies exactly each slider on the EQ boosts that would be greatful thanks

Sorry if im wrongly approaching a forum discussion, i dont usually post on forums.

My thanks, ExsolvitMeFurorHoc.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-29-2011, 05:17 PM

I'm also a kind of bass-head, but I cannot get decent results in boosting the low-end bass. All I get is a muddy, boomy sound :s
Also, you're likely boosting 60 - 100Hz bass range if you set the BASS settings too high.
Personally I use that
60hz /+5 (more is fatiguing)
150hz /-7
400hz/-2
1.1K /0
3.5K /0
8K/ +5
14k/+9
3D:0 / Bass : 1, no clarity (uppers lower-mid range , muddy at +2), streetmode :+1 (enhance treble)
But your mileage may vary.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 AM

Thankyou Misha~an for giving your suggestion as i've learned alot from it. I didn't realise the actual frequencies of each slider so thats helped alot ^^ your setup is very defined and clear, much moreso than i had mine setup but one thing i did find is that i had to increase the bass from 1-4. 1 seemed to lack bass for me but thats down to personal preference. so the lowest frequency you can boost is 60Hz? is there any player you know of that will boost the 20-30Hz mark? another thing i would like to ask is how did you get negative numbers in the corresponding frequencies? I found that i could only go in 2's from 10 to -10.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExsolviteMeFurorHoc View Post
is there any player you know of that will boost the 20-30Hz mark?
http://www.rockbox.org/.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExsolviteMeFurorHoc View Post
I found that i could only go in 2's from 10 to -10.
Maybe your are trying to set the Master EQ there. The "real" EQ is in the Music Player Options menu, then select DNSe -> MyDNSe1 or MyDNSe2 (or DNSe Menu in settings IIRC)

Old 09-03-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha~an View Post
Maybe your are trying to set the Master EQ there. The "real" EQ is in the Music Player Options menu, then select DNSe -> MyDNSe1 or MyDNSe2 (or DNSe Menu in settings IIRC)
I realise that you was referring to the MyDNSe EQ in which i have adjusted to your settings, or atleast the closest to them. What i didnt understand is how you managed to get odd numbers like "150hz /-7, 60hz /+5 and 14k/+9". Theoretically, it is possible as the scale is from +10 to -10 but from what i see it will only let you choose even numbers not odd. Anyway, thank you for your suggestion, you've helped me understand alot more.

Also, on the topic of frequency response, can the Cowon J3 and its BBE EQ go down or boost the 20-30Hz mark?

Old 09-06-2011, 03:02 PM

I based on the P3 settings , since I don't own the R1 for awhile... Sorry for confusion.
There is no 30Hz eq knob on Cowons, but with the right settings, the lower-end bass is much more defined than on the Samsung's IMHO.
As for rockbox, it performs very well with the "High shelf trick", but there is no ports for the R1.