android
Old 08-30-2011, 11:01 PM

Well now I am also an owner of the yp-gb70! Did anyone get the front facing camera to work on skype???
tinychat doesn't show cam either. just microphone.

Last edited by Prometheon; 09-01-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Front-facing camera won't work on Skype until they upgrade Andriod to 2.3. There's some API call in 2.3 that isn't in 2.2 that makes front-cam usage easy. Tis a bummer to have to setup/use another account on Qik just to do video chats.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Anyone with the 5.0 model care to talk about how "pocketable" it is?

I have a 2nd Gen iPod Touch right now and its nice to carry around in the back pocket of my jeans. It doesn't stick out the top or make sitting uncomfortable and the iPod is (surprisingly) resilient for my not-so-soft sitting style.

Anyone else do the same thing? I know the 4.0 model probably wouldn't be THAT much different, but I'm interested in the 5.0 model for the (possible) better camera and battery life. Its a shame I can't go to the store and hold one of these (or is there a Samsung phone that is of equivalent size?).

Old 09-01-2011, 05:28 PM

The Dell Streak has/had a 5" version you can/could try out at BestBuy. I did that and found it a bit large for my taste, but others find it perfectly pocketable.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:35 PM

I have the 5.0 and feel it is a mini-tablet.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:06 PM

Thanks for the advice about checking out a Dell Streak, unfortunately, no one seems to have them anymore. I thought that the 5.0 had a better camera but looking at Samsung's website again, it seems they are both 3.2MP cameras. So the main reason for going with the 5.0 is gone.

Sorry for another question. No one may be able to answer this one, but anyone tried a case designed for the original Galaxy S with the 4.0? With only a mm extra length, I assume it would work but maybe not.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty.mcninja View Post
Thanks for the advice about checking out a Dell Streak, unfortunately, no one seems to have them anymore. I thought that the 5.0 had a better camera but looking at Samsung's website again, it seems they are both 3.2MP cameras. So the main reason for going with the 5.0 is gone.
The Korean version has a 5.0MP camera. It also has HDMI. Only place I know to get one is Exportprive.com ... I think it's also 32GB.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewed View Post
The Korean version has a 5.0MP camera. It also has HDMI. Only place I know to get one is Exportprive.com ... I think it's also 32GB.
Ah, I knew I heard that somewhere. I've basically decided to wait for a NA release. I'm not what anyone would call wealthy so I'd prefer to not be up a creek if something goes wrong with the thing. Heck, it costs more than the computer I'm working on! Ha ha. The news in the "Where are these things" thread is promising, but I've lurked on this forum long enough to have my hopes go up and then be dashed again. Its very similar to my experience a few years ago with the announcement of the Creative Zii Egg. So we'll just wait and see.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:47 PM

Same here. I'm waiting on it to come to the US. For the same reason ... in case I need to return it for some reason.

Last edited by Dewed; 09-08-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:54 PM

Is there people can help me with shazam because i installed it but when i open the app and download it says that there no connection and i'm connected to wifi

Old 09-14-2011, 10:43 PM

I didn't see it posted anywhere so I'll just post it here. Seems the Facebook app has been updated and now works 100% on my 5.0. Everyone who has one should go grab it now!