android
Old 12-14-2010, 01:52 PM

Default my compouter isn't detecting my fuze

so heres the story:
ive had my fuze for about a year now. ive been plugging it in to my computer, dragging and dropping like i usually do.
but a couple days ago i plugged it in and nothing happened, well not nothing exactly.
on the mp3 player itself, it turned on, like it was playing music, and had a little lightning bolt beside the battery telling me that it was charging. and on my desktop, nothing. ABSOLUTELY nothing. no ding-ding, no beeps, not even an "unrecognized device detected"
i have tried everything i could find, ive changed it to MTP and MSC and ive tried doing that thing where you turn "hold" on and plug it in while holding the left button. and ive tried going into my computer but its acting like there is nothing plugged into the computer at all. the weard thing is it was all working 3 days ago, and i havent done anything differently.

can anyone help me? and sorry about the long rant.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Did you try resetting the player(holding the power slider in the up position for at least 30 seconds), then try connecting it to the pc in MSC mode.

Try plugging it into a different pc using a rear usb port(or if it is a notebook, while the pc is plugged in) with the player set at MSC mode . If it doesn't connect, then the problem is probably either the cable or the player.

Do you have an extra cable you can try with the player? If not, then perhaps you could take the player to a store where you could try connecting it to a pc using their cable.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:00 AM

what is the mp3 player supose to do when i do that, it turned on then right back off again but i still held it on for like a minute and when i turned it back on nothing changed, and i have tired a different cord cue my roommate has the same mp3 player.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:02 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I now have exactly the same problem as the OP.

Everything has been working fine for months (MSC mode) up until 2 days ago, then all of a sudden the Fuze is not recognised by PC. I tried it on other OSs and the same thing happened (so it's can't be an operating system problem).

I've got a new data cable on order (I'm hoping it's a cable problem even though nothing has happened to the existing cable that could cause it to have broken).

It would be interested to know if the OP (or anyone else) managed to find a solution to this issue.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:40 PM

My 4GB Fuze has basically the same problem, except it is not recognized in USB mode (first on the system settings), or auto detect mode. In MSC mode, I cannot see any of the music on the player, and don't know why. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim

Old 05-11-2011, 03:31 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi!

Are you saying that your PC doesn't recognize the player or you can't find your files once it does connect? If it's not seeing the player at all that's caused sometimes by a bad hardware connection. Either the cable or the connector may have a problem.

If it's that you can't see your files once it does connect you've added files using a a different transfer mode than the one you have set now. Files added in MTP can't be seen in MSC and vice versa. If you are using Autodefect they may have been added in either mode. Usually the best way to solve that is to take all the files off the player and start over loading it.

Pick either MSC or MTP mode and use it for all file transfers from then on. Never use Autodefect. It picks the mode it thinks is best for different transfers. It can and will change between one transfer and the next on the same PC. That's usually how the fies seem to vanish.

If it's not being recognized at all I'd try another cable. They're dead cheap on Amazon. You'll usually pay more for shipping that the cable itself. I've pick up a few to spread around the different places I might charge up and haven't found a difference between the ones for a penny or $5.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:09 AM

I got the "USB device not recognised", too, after about a year of use. Tried everything suggested here, but nothing worked, so that is that. I thought at least I could play what is already on there, but player wont charge up.
Just posting here to say, no, I havent found a solution, either. It's a fault that seems beyond repair.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you tried charging it using an AC USB charger? If that doesn't work, then the problem might be the cable, connector on the player, or some hardware problem within the player. Perhaps there might be some dirt in the connector? You could try blowing on it with a can of compressed air. If theat doesn't work, then you may need to think of a good way of cleaning the connector without damaging it or the player.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:28 PM

Think its probably a hardware failure, but going to try charging up on a plug charger when I can get hold of a new one. Thanks.