android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Miscellaneous Tech > Anythingbutiphone > Windows Phones

Old 09-28-2011, 05:16 PM

i got the ringtones to work but the chat thing still not working and ive tried everything. same with the live tiles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

For those who have been forced to wait for the update, follow these directions (they WORK!!!): http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/28/p...ate-right-now/

Old 09-28-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
For those who have been forced to wait for the update, follow these directions (they WORK!!!): http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/28/p...ate-right-now/
I did that trick because it work with NoDo before, I'm happy that mango is install & loving every second of it. IE9 owned & it's faster then before. WP7 "Mango" > Android > iOS

Old 09-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

For me it's the it's this way: Android>iOS>WP7

I just find the former 2 more usable I guess,...

Plus the browser in Android does what I need it to do, and it's better than BOTH iOS and WP7 when it comes to readability. Just browse the ABi forums and see what I mean.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:32 AM

I can read ABi just fine without even zooming in. And im typing this on my wp7. :P

Old 09-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broodbeleg View Post
I can read ABi just fine without even zooming in. And im typing this on my wp7. :P
That's great for you! Now, too bad the Dell Venus pro couldn't do that. Like I've personally concluded, it must be the hardware at fault. I don't know ANYONE who owns a WP7 phone, so I can't see if it was an exception & not the norm.

And, like I've mentioned before, I have a hard time seeing small fonts on a smartphone - so I really shouldn't need to re-explain myself.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:03 PM

Ah, I forgot it was you and the font thing. Without zooming in, ABi's font is small. I can see that you cant read it perfectly. So I don't think it's just your phone, it's mine as well.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

I think it all depends on how much area the browser covers when displaying sites. For example, on my iPod Touch, I can read ABI without zooming in at all. However, I noticed it displays a smaller section of ABI, as compaired to my Samsung Galaxy, which I need to zoom in. I then resized the screen of my Galaxy exactly to the area space where my iPod Touch zones to, and I can then see the site perfectly,

Old 10-04-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broodbeleg View Post
I got a question myself aswell, where do you set the autocorrect on? I have disabled it, since no Dutch dictionary was supported pre-Mango, but now it does and I cant find it anymore. Same goes for the "space after accepting suggested word". I disabled that too, so I could use English words they suggested to me and change them so it would be Dutch. But same story, I have a Dutch dictionary now and I'd like to have that again. Does anyone know how to change this? I probably just overlooked it on my phone, tens of times... :P
I found it. It's hidden and here's where you can find it:
Settings --> keyboard --> typing settings --> [Your active dictionaries] press to change.