android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-13-2011, 11:18 PM
sjulty sjulty is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdg1 View Post
I'll try your suggestions - otherwise, I'll have to convert to that thing that shall not be named (iPod).
Oooh, perish the thought!!!
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #22  
Old 08-22-2011, 09:28 PM
klanigan klanigan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
Default

I too was having problems running Media Source on windows 7, but no more
I Have a Zen-M 30 gig Running Creative Media Source 5 5.10.38 (free download from creative) on my windows 7 64 bit computer. You have to buy the creative mp3 converter plug in for $9.99 and,poof, the software works with the Zen M, sees the zen-M, has list management, convert to local drive and zen at the same time...works like it did on XP. good luck
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 09-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Mistykay Mistykay is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Please help! I installed the new firmware and I have windows 7 (no idea which version). I tried the update above and it said the update would only work on 64 bit. I cant add new songs to my MP3 player anymore. Very frustrated because I love my Zen!
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 09-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Mistykay Mistykay is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanigan View Post
I too was having problems running Media Source on windows 7, but no more
I Have a Zen-M 30 gig Running Creative Media Source 5 5.10.38 (free download from creative) on my windows 7 64 bit computer. You have to buy the creative mp3 converter plug in for $9.99 and,poof, the software works with the Zen M, sees the zen-M, has list management, convert to local drive and zen at the same time...works like it did on XP. good luck
Is this available on the Creative website and will it allow me to add music to my player? I ams tuck in a rut here and need some advice!
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 09-17-2011, 07:55 PM
coachop94's Avatar
coachop94 coachop94 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: california
Posts: 1,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistykay View Post
Please help! I installed the new firmware and I have windows 7 (no idea which version). I tried the update above and it said the update would only work on 64 bit. I cant add new songs to my MP3 player anymore. Very frustrated because I love my Zen!
What EXACTLY did you try to install that says it only works with a 64bit system??? It can't be Creative MediaSource 5 ver.5.10.38 since there is no distinction between 32 or 64 bit.
__________________
Sit Down, Shut Up, Don't *!@#*^#!! With Me. I'm Drivin'
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 10-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Wizzard Wizzard is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Default

I am running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I have a Zen Vision M 30 GB player.

I have gotten all the software to install and run but my problem is this. My computer will NOT recognice my Zen. This includes all the Creative software and Windows Explorer.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated as I have read this entire thread but am out of ideas.

Thanks ahead of time,
Wizzard
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 10-08-2011, 02:22 AM
coachop94's Avatar
coachop94 coachop94 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: california
Posts: 1,059
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
I am running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I have a Zen Vision M 30 GB player.

I have gotten all the software to install and run but my problem is this. My computer will NOT recognice my Zen. This includes all the Creative software and Windows Explorer.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated as I have read this entire thread but am out of ideas.

Thanks ahead of time,
Wizzard
Boot the player into Rescue/Recovery mode & do Cleanup/Reboot ONLY on the player then connect it. & use the rear USB port.
__________________
Sit Down, Shut Up, Don't *!@#*^#!! With Me. I'm Drivin'
Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 10-08-2011, 09:49 PM
mpmohan mpmohan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11
Default

I am running Win 7 Pro, 64-bit and have a Vision M that I have been using with Windows Media Player but have had some difficulty in transferring/organising music in my Vison M.

I installed ZNVM_PCApp64_LA_6_21_10 as instructed but I get BSOD!. I temporarily disabled Win Media Player but still have the same result.

I have un-installed it.

MPM
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:33 PM
84lion 84lion is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Default

First off, big kudos to loosenut for figuring out how to install Media Explorer in Windows 7 64 bit. I followed the instructions, and yay! Media Explorer works! Well, sort of.
One problem is that I can't get album art to display. In the XP version, Media Explorer had an option for "album view." The Vista/7 version doesn't appear to provide this option.
I tried using Windows Media Player and it does show the Zen Vision M and its contents, but doesn't show the album art, or permit any way to load album art, as far as I can determine.
One other odd thing is that in XP, the album ripper allowed me to rip to MP3 and WMA. Here the ripper only permits ripping to WMA.
But at least I can modify track information on the Zen on my Windows 7 machines, which is better than I could do before. If I can only get the album art issue solved...
Then again, maybe I need to hang onto my old XP machines awhile longer!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.