android
Old 10-12-2011, 10:26 PM

Default Pixelisation when playing video

Iím getting heavy pixelisation (ie image breakup) on my X7 when playing an mp4 short music video. File plays fine on my PC. Iím not using much filespace on the HDD, around 30GB. Audio files (mp3 and wav) play well. Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this? Is it the video format?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-13-2011, 03:30 AM

The X7 doesn't officially support MP4/h264 at all. Current Cowon players can play some specifically encoded MP4 files, but most won't work properly (or at all).

Old 10-15-2011, 05:07 AM

OK, many thanks. What's the best compressed video format for Cowon? Any recommendation on software that can convert video formats?

Old 10-15-2011, 05:22 AM

The two sticky threads in the Cowon J3 video forum should work on the X7 as well: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=243

h264 is the best video format regarding size-to-quality, and XviD is the second best.

Tags
mp4, video image