android
Old 10-17-2011, 12:56 PM

Default Fuze plays for a while then shuts off

The battery is fully charged but this past weekend I noticed the player shut off on it's own after listening for 15-20 minutes. I did a reboot and I think they may have fixed it because I let it play for a good while late last night and had to turn it off manually. Anyone else ever experience this with your Fuze? One additional thing I noticed is that when it was plugged in for charging and I went to disconnect it, the player was off instead of on like it normally had been when charging it up in the past.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Administrator

I don't know if it would make a difference in the charging but I always charge my Fuzes both in the OF and Rockbox with the power switch in the ON position. I don't think it should make a difference but it's part of my charging routine with players that have a dedicated OFF switch. It's something I started to do a long time ago when it would timeout while charging in Rockbox in the early builds for the Fuze. They have charged reliably ever since.

There's also a sleep timer in the OF. Is it possible that it was set?

Old 10-17-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
I don't know if it would make a difference in the charging but I always charge my Fuzes both in the OF and Rockbox with the power switch in the ON position. I don't think it should make a difference but it's part of my charging routine with players that have a dedicated OFF switch. It's something I started to do a long time ago when it would timeout while charging in Rockbox in the early builds for the Fuze. They have charged reliably ever since.

There's also a sleep timer in the OF. Is it possible that it was set?
Yeah, when I hook up the charger I always have the player in On position. As for the sleep timer, I don't know - I guess it's possible I accidentally set it - I'll check it out.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:30 AM

The player wasn't in "sleep mode". Wondering something else now but this might be a stretch. I have been listening via a long cable (6-8 ft) from the headphone jack and the other end plugged into a DJ mixer. The player shut down again last night a couple of times and after only playing a couple of minutes. So, just for test purposes I unplugged the long cable and simply plugged into my headphones. It then played for several minutes without shutting off. So, my question: is it possible that the long cable from the headphone jack was putting strain on the player's output power, thus causing it to shut down?