android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2011, 11:22 AM

Default X7 lasted less than 24 hours

So I just got an X7 as a belated birthday gift from my parents. I was pretty pleased to discover that they had picked one up for me in Miami to replace my sadly malfunctioning P3.

The first thing I did with it was load it full of my music. And this took a while so I only got to use it a little last night in passing. So I was especially looking forward to todays commute into university to see how well it works in the wild so to speak. This is where things go terribly wrong.

I walk downstairs my bag in one hand X7 in the other and decide I want to grab a drink. So like most people would I stick the X7 in my pocket(of my rather spacious cargo trousers) grab a drink from the fridge quickly then leave the house. Then as I walked to the street from the back door I pull out my X7.

However when I pull it out I notice faint streak across the screen. At first I thought this was just a mark from my finger or a crease in the screen protector which I had ignored yesterday. No when I try to rub it off I see it is in fact a massive crack from one end of the glass to the other. It may have been always there and I didn't notice or it lasted in my pocket for all of 10 or 15 paces. So I really want to know if its really that fragile or is mine just a dud.

Other than it having a massive crack I was otherwise really pleased with it. Got all 109Gb of music from my collection on it. My biggest issue was it was going to be a pain to find anything and pining for the letter search I used to have on my old walkman.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]