android
Old 10-20-2011, 05:40 PM

As for the power adaptor you can get nice ones multiple tips in the US for $7.00 at Big Lots, and you can get a USB style adaptor that plugs into AC for about $3.50 delivered from Amazon. It actually has the Samsung logo on the adaptor part, and it also comes with another USB cable that is longer than the original and transfers data too.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-20-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denann View Post
I have the galaxy player 5.0 16GB with the capacity to go upto another 32GB with micro SD , the battery is 2500mAh and the camera is 5mp with flash and 3mp on the front . You can use the front camera for skype chat with skype update instead of waiting for firmware update 2.3.5 and yes you have a language choice for English or Korean , I was very pleased with Export prive they will always get back to you if you have any questions very good service
Sounds like yours is a good one!

I went ahead and just bought the US version of the Samsung Galaxy Player 5 at my local Best Buy. The reason I eventually went with the US version is because I called Samsung and asked if I bought the Korean version of the Galaxy Player and something goes wrong and needs warranty service, Samsung USA cannot service it. The player has to be sent back to Korea. So for those that still are considering the Korean version, that is something to think about.

In the short time I have played with it so far I like it a lot! The 5-inch screen puts the iPod's 3.5-inch one to shame and I love being able to see things without my eyes squinting and straining to see it. And for those that think that because the 5-inch screen makes this device too big, I'm happy to say no it doesn't. The overall size of the player still makes it a very portable and pocketable device. There should not be an issue with anyone saying it's too big to carry around other than the person is small.

As this is my first Android device and I'm not to familiar with it, I have a lot to learn about how things works on it, but I can see it will be fun!

Old 10-22-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like MP3s View Post
Sounds like yours is a good one!

I went ahead and just bought the US version of the Samsung Galaxy Player 5 at my local Best Buy.
Hi! Can you please tell me if the US version has french language? If yes, is it Canadian french or France french? Thank you!

Old 10-22-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarpivot View Post
Hi! Can you please tell me if the US version has french language? If yes, is it Canadian french or France french? Thank you!
Someone said he saw french canadian as language.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3000 View Post
Someone said he saw french canadian as language.
I don't know if this helps but on my internationnal galaxy s wifi i have french canadian as a language

Old 10-22-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacp2 View Post
I don't know if this helps but on my internationnal galaxy s wifi i have french canadian as a language
Just to make sure, I guess you're not talking about the YP-G70CW/XAA model?

Old 10-23-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Hi. I just checked my player and I confirm that France French is the only French language supported on the US version. Canadian French is not listed as an option. I also checked the voice input feature that the GP5 has and France French is again the only French language listed. Hope the information is helpful to you.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Just to make sure, I guess you're not talking about the YP-G70CW/XAA model?
nope mine is YP-G1CW/XSH with a different firmware on it

Old 10-28-2011, 07:57 PM

I just downloaded the new firmware from Kies for my Korean GB70 5.0 but to my surprise
it is saying it is firmware 2.3.6, it is not 2.3.5 And by the way I not complaining but pleased .

Last edited by denann; 10-28-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:03 PM

The primary difference as far as I can tell, is that in 2.3.6, samsung left in the EQ settings like big bass and concert. That's related to samsungs touchwhiz though and not the android version, so I'm not entirely sure how else 2.3.6 is different.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:10 PM

Time will tell I guess , but its a nice suprise

Old 10-28-2011, 10:42 PM

Are there any other notable changes that comes with 2.3.6? On mine, or all US versions which are 2.3.5, we already have Big Bass and Concert as EQ options.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:31 AM

I am not sure what the difference is yet since I just downloaded yesterday , it appears this was done just for the Korean models , I have noticed that the background when I bring up my apps is not solid anymore and shows a faint view of my face page .

Old 10-29-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like MP3s View Post
Hi. I just checked my player and I confirm that France French is the only French language supported on the US version. Canadian French is not listed as an option. I also checked the voice input feature that the GP5 has and France French is again the only French language listed. Hope the information is helpful to you.
Anyway french/french or french canadian, there is no big difference. Maybe sometimes "french canadian" are tired of some words that are only spoken in France. I'm a french who lives in Canada so i am able to understand any kind of french

Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Anyway french/french or french canadian, there is no big difference. Maybe sometimes "french canadian" are tired of some words that are only spoken in France. I'm a french who lives in Canada so i am able to understand any kind of french
LOL.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denann View Post
I am not sure what the difference is yet since I just downloaded yesterday , it appears this was done just for the Korean models , I have noticed that the background when I bring up my apps is not solid anymore and shows a faint view of my face page .
Interesting.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Yes but you forgot that the french in france has an azerty keyboard instead of a qwerty keyboard. i was obligated to put the U.S english keyboard