android
Old 10-07-2011, 10:51 PM

Default Gpodder Playlist is skipping podcasts

I have rockbox 3.91 installed on my clip+. I am using gpodder podcatcher on ubuntu to transfer podcasts over to my clip+. sometimes a playlist created in gpodder will go to podcast 2/3 and skip right over podcast 1/3. does anyone know what can be going on?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-14-2011, 08:34 AM

Anyone? This is really annoying. I have some more info. It looks like it's the same podcast feed every time. Here are the contents of the m3u file. The lines bolded are the ones that won't play. I view the playlist on rockbox and it says err next to the podcast. Please help me out.

Code:
#EXTM3U 
#EXTINF:0,SGPSP-Episode159 
\PODCASTS\Sarcastic Gamer  Playstation Podcast\SGPSP-Episode159.mp3 
#EXTINF:0,146 
\PODCASTS\The Joe Rogan Experience\146.mp3 
#EXTINF:0,2011.10.14ACS 
\PODCASTS\The Adam Carolla Show\2011.10.14ACS.mp3

Old 10-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Just a quick thought from a non-podcaster: Could the "" character in the title be what's generating problems? What happens if you remove it from the filename (or replace it with a more standard character, like a dash) and adjust your m3u playlist to match?

Old 10-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

A quick thought from a podcast listener....why make a playlist out of the podcasts in the first place?

Old 10-14-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
A quick thought from a podcast listener....why make a playlist out of the podcasts in the first place?
Because I listen to them while driving and if one ends I don't have too divert attention from the road to switch podcasts. Also I figured it out had to do with the > symbol I changed the name of the feed to get rid of that re downloaded and it worked fine. So if anyone comes across this problem there you go

Old 10-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
Because I listen to them while driving and if one ends I don't have too divert attention from the road to switch podcasts. Also I figured it out had to do with the > symbol I changed the name of the feed to get rid of that re downloaded and it worked fine. So if anyone comes across this problem there you go
Ah, I see......makes sense.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:18 AM

I know it's a longer way, but you could do what I do, and that's use puddletag to create my playlists. Once I've transferred my podcasts across to my Clip I open puddletag and quickly edit the ID3 tags, sort the listening order using Ctrl + or Ctrl - (you define your own key-presses, this is what I like). It's good becuase invariably, there are always some podcasters who forget to complete the ID3 tags, and then I like to choose the order of play, and then press Ctrl-1 to kick off the track numbering wizard that I've set up and then hit Ctrl-2 to create and save the playlist, before I hit the road. It seems a lot, but the whole process takes maybe two minutes max, for around 20 podcasts. Puddletag is awesome for podcast listeners, because I often find that I would prefer to listen to a new cast first and still keep the older ones, for a later listen. I can help you with a great set up if you wish.

http://puddletag.sourceforge.net/

Don't forget to check out the forums.