android
Old 10-29-2011, 07:49 PM

Default Fuze<->PC-connection problem

Just got my new Fuze (spilled beer over my first one) and I am a bit confused:
When I have it turned on and plug it in one of my USB-ports it just charges the player but doesn't connect (player doesn't show the "connected"-screen and doesn't show up on the pc).
Even if it's turned off and I plug it in it doesn't connect sometimes - it just starts and charges.

My older Fuze (also a V2 though) always connected when plugged in. No matter if it was turned on or off.

I tried it with MTP and MSC mode (though actually I only want to use MSC-mode), but that doesn't seem to make a difference.
It arrived with the latest firmware version on it (02.03.33).
The player was advertised as "non retail package" / "white box item" and I've asked before if it was B-stock, but the retailers said it wasn't.

Any idea what the problem could be?
Has anybody made similiar experiences with their Fuze?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Anything that doesn't come in the full retail packaging is a refurb. If you're lucky. If not it just used.

I don't know what the return policy is or what the law is where you are but if at all possible I'd get a refund. I simply wouldn't want any part of a item that was sold under false pretenses. If it's giving you problems out the box I doubt it's going to give you good service for the long run.

If you do decide to keep it all I can think of is to try different cables or different ports on your PC. That might help.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:50 AM

The player really looks flawless.
And sending it back would take a while because I bought it from an US retailer and im located in Germany.

I've already tried different USB-Ports.
It never connects when I plug it in my front-pots, but that doesn't really surprise me.
It seems to work fine now and connect everytime when it's turned off - if its turned on it never connects. Not normal, right?

Also, yesterday I had it plugged in for a while and the connection seemed to got lost and re-established. Also not normal, right?

Maybe it's really a cable-problem. I'll try it out on my neighbours PC next week and order a new cable.
And I've already sent a message out to the retailer.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Not much I can add to what you just said. Sansa factory refurbs are one of the best bargains around in my book. I've bought lots of refurbs and except one that was misrepresented as a refurb and was actually used they couldn't be told from new by looking at them.

The way that it connects at times and doesn't connect at others is worrisome but you appear to have a handle on what to check. None of what you describe is normal. When I connect my Fuze it connects and stays connected whether it's on or off when I first connect.

You've contacted the vendor so there's not much else to do there except wait for a response. If it connects at times and doesn't at others there's something obviously wrong. A quality vendor should be willing to work with you to make things right. Let's hope this vendor steps up and does the right thing.