android
Old 10-29-2011, 04:53 PM

DFKT Minimum Zip

Theme displays an alternative screen layout when no album art is available. Theme falls back to file/folder names when no metadata is present. Includes FM radio interface with RDS support. Uses custom resized Tango icons to match the font height. The "R" icon in the status bar is a Replaygain status indicator. Theme shows warnings when volume level is above 0dB, when sample rate isn't 44.1kHz, and when Replaygain is enabled but no Replaygain tags are available for the current track. It is possible for users to change the theme's larger main font from the Settings/Theme Settings/Font menu. Optimizations for chiptunes are included as well. Version: 0.40

Download

DFKT Minimum Zip FSAA

Basically the same theme as DFKT Minimum Zip, with the difference that near-fullscreen album art is displayed when the currently playing track is paused. No album art is displayed in the main WPS. Due to current limitations in the Rockbox theme code I had to fork the other theme, since it is not possible to display album art twice, in different viewports and/or in different sizes. Version: 0.40

Download

DFKT Minimum Zip INV

Same as the other DFKT Minimum Zip themes, except this one shows near-fullscreen album art while playing. Album art is drawn onto the backdrop buffer and shows a transparent progress bar and peak meters over it. File info is shown during volume change, FFWD/REW, and while paused. Version: 0.40

Download

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Administrator

I won't be able to pick one up for a few days. Nice to know there'll be a decent theme for when I do.

Is that AA being displayed by cover.jpg or is it embedded?

Old 10-30-2011, 02:55 PM

For the simulator I put a JPEG in the folder, but I think embedded should work too. To keep it compatible with most hardware/software, I always keep a cover.jpg next to embedded art in my folders, I don't know which one's actually read.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Good to see track info. making its way back to the Clip Zip what's playing screen!

Just curious: is the current track no./total track no. info. there somewhere?

Old 10-31-2011, 04:56 AM

The two lines on top show artist - album (year) and track# - title.

I don't use playlists, only folder browsing, so total playlist track numbers aren't in there.

Space is seriously cramped on the 96x96 display, but you could eg. have the line at the bottom alternate between time display and track/total track numbers. Just edit the .wps like this:

Code:
##### File info
%V(0,91,-,-,3) %Vf(adae99) %Vb(000000)
%al%?mp<-:--|%pc|%pc|%pc|%pc>%ac%?mp<-:--|%pt|%pt|%pt|%pt>%ar%?mp<-:--|%pr|%pr|%pr|%pr>
To:

Code:
##### File info
%t(2)%al%?mp<-:--|%pc|%pc|%pc|%pc>%ac%?mp<-:--|%pt|%pt|%pt|%pt>%ar%?mp<-:--|%pr|%pr|%pr|%pr>;%t(2)%ar%pp/%pe
That alternates the line every 2 seconds. If you want a different time amount, just change the two %t(2) tags to different values.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:21 AM

Fixed a small bug in the v0.3 linked above. Please download again.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:02 AM

Thanks to mc2739, here's a Zip UI Simulator for Windows, for anyone wanting to try the theme, or create one on their own: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-1bdabc81.html

Old 10-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Lest it go forgotten, thanks for this information/the posts/the first personalized theme for the Clip Zip!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:42 AM

This is awesome, thanks for sharing dfkt … now all I need is the zip probably for xmass but I’ll see if I can get one before.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-31-2011, 10:27 AM

if i get a zip, my WPS will be text only. album art that size is just silly.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:57 AM

DFKT Minimum Zip v0.31

All images changed - delete the old files from the Zip before putting the new ones on.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the sim!

Last edited by rEUD0yNGneUGi9n; 10-31-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:52 AM

Hmm, that was deleted quickly. Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?ykpwk4bf1bwadbz

Old 10-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc2003 View Post
if i get a zip, my WPS will be text only. album art that size is just silly.
TBH that was my thought too until I saw this

That's definitely large enough to be useable in my book. That's shot from the simulator but I'm guessing it's WYSIWYG as usual.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:53 PM

There's already an initial patch for image transparency on the tracker. Maybe soon we can have album art as background image and everything else in the foreground, like the original firmware. That is, if fonts can have transparent backgrounds too.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
The two lines on top show artist - album (year) and track# - title.

I don't use playlists, only folder browsing, so total playlist track numbers aren't in there.

Space is seriously cramped on the 96x96 display, but you could eg. have the line at the bottom alternate between time display and track/total track numbers. Just edit the .wps like this:

Code:
##### File info
%al%?mp<-:--|%pc|%pc|%pc|%pc>%ac%?mp<-:--|%pt|%pt|%pt|%pt>%ar%?mp<-:--|%pr|%pr|%pr|%pr>
To:

Code:
##### File info
%t(2)%al%?mp<-:--|%pc|%pc|%pc|%pc>%ac%?mp<-:--|%pt|%pt|%pt|%pt>%ar%?mp<-:--|%pr|%pr|%pr|%pr>;%t(2)%ar%pp/%pe
That alternates the line every 2 seconds. If you want a different time amount, just change the two %t(2) tags to different values.
Thanks. I play by folders as well, but still like to know where I am in an album.

The alternating track info. is exactly what I did with an earlier theme for the iRiver iHP-140.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:01 PM

Did anyone get garbled images after some time with v0.3 or v0.31? For me it works when it's freshly installed, but after some time either the progress bar, the battery icon, or the memory access icon get all messed up (album art is always fine). Seems there's still something not working 100% with how the Zip screen is addressed in Rockbox (since the theme should work fine as it is, and it gives no issues in the simulator as well). Or maybe it's just me.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I haven't noticed anything yet.....but I'll post back if I do.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:14 AM

DFKT Minimum Zip v0.32

Improved status bar icons, added button lock icon.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Do you recommend deleting the earlier versions, as you said after .31?