android
Old 10-19-2011, 06:38 PM

Default Trouble With bricked E250

I found an E250 at a yard sale a few months ago and I have been using it and it worked fine. Today I decided I'd do a firmware upgrade. SO I went to Sansa's site downloaded the Firmware updater and installed 1.02.24. My Sansa rebooted after and kept locking up, when I turned the wheel things would just randomly open. After trying to format the unit and reinstall the firmware and running in circles using Sansa's crappy tutorials I ended up bricking my phone. Blue ring no display. So I found this sites thread about using e200tool. I got to the point where the software runs and my E250 loads into recovery mode, the drive opens up on my desktop, then I took the firmware files PP5022.MI4 and BL_SD_boardSupportSD.ROM and copied them into the Sansa drive. I told the computer to eject the drive, the Sansa said drive ejected, I unplugged the usb cable and it didn't auto restart like it usually does. So I held down the menu button for 20Seconds and then pushed it to turn it back on. But I still have just a blue ring and no display. Is it possible the firmware from Sansa is corrupted? It had the original 1.0.0 on it when I got it, am I not compatible?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-31-2011, 04:05 PM

I wonder if its an E250R and you put non-rhapsody firmware on it (or vice versa) Can you still get in to recovery mode? If so I'd try re-dowloading the correct firmware and installing it again.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There's also a difference between V1 and V2. Check the back of your player, along the bottom it should say if it's 1, 2, or R

Old 10-31-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
There's also a difference between V1 and V2. Check the back of your player, along the bottom it should say if it's 1, 2, or R
That doesn't always tell you for sure, there was a while there that back plates were labeled incorrectly and more so after they were refurbed for resale. But I guess there's no other way to identify at this point.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-31-2011, 07:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
That doesn't always tell you for sure, there was a while there that back plates were labeled incorrectly and more so after they were refurbed for resale. But I guess there's no other way to identify at this point.
I hadn't heard about that. What a shame. I loved this little player. Kay, I'll remove my nostalgia glasses now. :/

Old 10-31-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I hadn't heard about that. What a shame. I loved this little player. Kay, I'll remove my nostalgia glasses now. :/
Keep dem glasses on mon, I still play with mine a few times a month, rockboxed they're a whole lot neater.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Alas, my brother has a functioning e250, but my e260 has a broken headphone jack, and I've never soldered electronics. Just a little stained glass. Wow, that was more than two years ago now... You know what, I'm gonna go break it out and play some doom.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Alas, my brother has a functioning e250, but my e260 has a broken headphone jack, and I've never soldered electronics. Just a little stained glass. Wow, that was more than two years ago now... You know what, I'm gonna go break it out and play some doom.
Doom ... that's the ticket! If you don't try to fix it you might as well sell it for parts. They're fetching a good price used, even broken, a good friend of mine sold his for parts on ebay and got like $40.00 (I think the only thing wrong with his was the hp jack as well). Yea I could have fixed it for him but he didn't even tell me that he was selling it until it was too late and he just wanted a new player ...

Old 11-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Doom ... that's the ticket! If you don't try to fix it you might as well sell it for parts. They're fetching a good price used, even broken, a good friend of mine sold his for parts on ebay and got like $40.00 (I think the only thing wrong with his was the hp jack as well). Yea I could have fixed it for him but he didn't even tell me that he was selling it until it was too late and he just wanted a new player ...
I was thinking about doing just that a little while ago. Are people really buying them whole for the parts?

Old 11-01-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I was thinking about doing just that a little while ago. Are people really buying them whole for the parts?
They were fairly popular, especially to run rockbox on, so I can see it. Although demand as you know goes up and down over time.