android
Old 11-01-2011, 08:25 PM

Default eating ram?

Hi again! Was wondering if anyone else's sgp seems to be burning to much ram? Mine idles at around 170-210 mbs of used ram even with all apps killed and all background services I can kill killed! New to android so don't know if this is normal, it doesn't seem normal. What do your player run at?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-02-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJimaniac View Post
Hi again! Was wondering if anyone else's sgp seems to be burning to much ram? Mine idles at around 170-210 mbs of used ram even with all apps killed and all background services I can kill killed! New to android so don't know if this is normal, it doesn't seem normal. What do your player run at?
It's normal, android OS and several core processes take up a good bit of RAM. This happens with all devices, not just the SGP.

My device hovers between 140 and 190 MB of ram. I'm a bit more intensive on it, I am usually running a live wallpaper, a home replacement app, and a good number of widgets.

As long as you aren't running into low RAM warnings (I haven't), I think it's fine.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJimaniac View Post
My phone (running a touch-wiz rom) hovers at around 240, so I wouldn't worry if I were you. Android keeps things going in the background to make launching applications and updating widgets (etc, etc) faster.