android
Old 11-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Samsung Moderator

Default Clip Zip Rockbox Theme: lebellium Samsung-like

Hey,
After 1 day long work, here is my 1st theme for Sansa Zip
It is based on the Samsung R0 While Playing screen but much modified to fit the 96*96 screen of course

v0.72

v0.80

v0.90

v1.10

v1.20

v1.30

v1.40

v1.45

You can download it in attachment or on the Rockbox website: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1810
For the Accurate Battery Edition, please see here http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...857#post633857 or here http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1809

Changelog:

v1.45 - March, 30th 2013
  • Fix battery indicator code
  • FM radio: fix signal strength code
  • Replace repeat and shuffle settings text by icons
  • Replace white background of the signal strength icon by transparent background
  • Code cleanup

v1.40 - September, 28th 2012
  • FM radio: New signal strength icons
  • FM radio: Stereo icon very lightly reworked (gradient green color)
  • FM radio: Move scan/preset mode 1px down
  • WPS: Display first and second directory from end of file path if no artist and album id3tags
  • Code improved (USB connection looks more stable now)

v1.30 - April, 7th 2012
  • Flashing battery indicator when low battery
  • Playback mode icons reworked (grandient blue color and recording icon added)
  • New virtual LED displaying if hold switch is off (can be disabled if you wish)
  • New rockbox icon on the main menu
  • Changes a bit the volume bar at max level
  • Displays "Playlist Position/Total Number of Playlist Entries" on 2 lines if Playlist Position > 999
  • FM radio: displays flashing "No Preset" instead of "/0" if preset mode enabled while there is no preset.
  • FM radio: doesn't display "searching..." if the tuner is not tuned but the preset name is displayed
  • FM radio: displays the preset name in scan mode too (if no RDS data)

v1.20 - March, 11th 2012
  • New smaller icons (based on dfkt's "tango micro 7px" icons)
  • FM radio: doesn't display "searching..." if the tuner is not tuned but the RDS name is displayed

v1.10 - December, 18th 2011
  • Displays "SHF" in the status bar when shuffle mode is on. When shuffle is off, displays the various repeat modes if enabled otherwise displays nothing.
  • Cancel: Renames repeat mode once from "1" to "1x" (misunderstood this setting)
  • The "buttons locked/unlocked" text is not visible in WPS background anymore
  • Changes the background color of the status bar viewports so that it doesn't look too ugly when using the text_viewer for example
  • Set a default background and foreground color
  • FM screen: Moves the current frequency, RDS data and signal strength icon 1px down
  • FM screen: tuned and stereo icons redesigned
  • Graphic Volume bar redesigned
  • Graphic Volume bar enabled in the menus

v1.00 - November, 28th 2011
  • First release on http://themes.rockbox.org/
  • Adds the FM radio to the mini-player
  • Removes the repeat mode status from the FM radio screen
  • Renames repeat mode once from "1" to "1x"

v0.90 - November, 20th 2011
  • FM radio UI added
  • Adds "dB" after the numeric volume when repeat mode is OFF
  • Moves the album art 1px to the left

v0.80 - November, 7th 2011
  • Bigger font for album year, playing time and clock
  • Playback mode icons redesigned to be smaller

v0.72 - November, 6th 2011
  • Rockbox folder renamed to ".rockbox"
  • Missing font added

v0.71 - November, 5th 2011
  • Fix a font and background color issue on main menu

v0.70 - November, 5th 2011
  • First public release
Attached Files
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_v0.72.zip (45.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_v0.90.zip (62.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_v1.30.zip (60.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_v1.40.zip (62.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_v1.45.zip (64.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by lebellium; 03-30-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-05-2011, 03:57 PM

very nice!

Old 11-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Samsung Moderator

Nice in the UI simulator and on screenshots but maybe not so nice on the device

About v0.70:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrik
I tried it on my zip, but the menu text was unreadable (white on white text), and white looks ugly in the wps (I get horizontal lines)
I think the menu text should be readable now in v.0.71
But I don't understand for the "horizontal lines".

Please guys try on your Zip and give me a feedback

Old 11-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Administrator

I was going to experience mine for a day or two it as is came out the box but anything for you lebellium. Besides it's so close to using any other Clip it got boring without Rockbox.
Your download is a rockbox not .rockbox folder. That means it doesn't unzip properly. I had to move the contents over directly.

Not a big deal but the new users may have problems working that out for themselves. I also seems to be missing
the 8-neodore font that's needed.The sim error message let me know what it needed and I added it from the font pack. After that the results are like,

and.

These are screen dumps so what I'm seeing is close to this. There are very faint lines that continue across the screen in line with the tops and bottoms of the letters but nothing I'd consider objectionable. That might be a limitation of the screen, idk.

I like this a lot. It makes good use of the limited capabilities of the tiny screen IMO. Lots of usable info there. Nice work.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Samsung Moderator

Ah! Thank you for this feedback, helps much
I really want this theme to work properly since I worked non-stop on it yesterday from 10AM to 9PM...

So indeed I made a few mistakes: I put the wrong font in the archive, sorry. And regarding ".rockbox" Windows told me "Please enter a file name" everytime I wanted to rename the folder so I gave up thinking it was not so important hihi

These issues are now fixed in v0.72 (please see 1st post for downloads)

For the "faint line" issue, either it comes from the display management of the Zip or it is because I did not use different viewports for tags (I mean track title, artist and album are in the same viewport, I noticed on the R0 theme that is not a very good idea)

But to fix this issue (if possible to fix) I need to have the device in my hands or have a pics or video overview... I don't see the issue in the UI simulator or on your dumps.

Is there a correct battery indicator animation when connecting + charging it ? I don't manage to check that with the simulator

And BTW, why don't you use the 12-hour clock on your Zip since you live in the USA? ^^
This theme is 12/24 hours compatible

Last edited by lebellium; 11-06-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:50 AM
Administrator

The battery charging animation works properly when it's charging. When I look closely at the OF it appears lines are a screen limitation. In the OF the screens in the screens that have lines of text that don't completely cross the screen you see a similar effect.

It's not lines but faint bands that continue across the screen in line with the tops and bottom of the lettering. In it he OF it's more apparent depending on the color of the background. Considering the quality of the screen I'd not sure it can be easily controlled, if at all.

The theme shows the time properly, I just didn't set it for 12 hr. time. I've worked a lot of rotating shifts and irregular days of the week. You can literally lose track of if it's day or night. After I made it to work once or twice at 5:30 pm thinking it was 5:30 am during the winter hours I made the switch. Whenever I set a digital time display I use the 24 hr. clock if possible.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ah, a font was missing....that explains it. I'll have to try it again. Like skip, I too use 24-hour time....it's just....logical!

Old 11-06-2011, 02:18 PM

Appreciate the theme, its made my clipzip's screen usable. Small request I was wondering if it would be possible to put the time remaining and year where the track type, format and bit rate are. That way the track info could be a little bigger. The font on the top bar is also a little hard to read. Thanks again great theme.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Didn't work for me....got one of those data abort errors.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexfrmqu View Post
Appreciate the theme, its made my clipzip's screen usable. Small request I was wondering if it would be possible to put the time remaining and year where the track type, format and bit rate are. That way the track info could be a little bigger.
Thanks for the feedback. Everything is theoretically possible, that's just a question of will and time. Of course I can't make a different personalized version for everyone. Need a general consensus on the requests
Actually I put the album year at the bottom because it sounds more logical to me to gather these id3tags, it's a bit weird to have the album year apart from the artist and above all the album name. But yes it could be possible to put it where you say.

You mean add 'remaining time' or move the 'Current Time In Song/Total Track Time' ? Put 'remaining time' where you say is possible but doesn't sound logical to me to be apart from 'Current Time/Total Track Time' and if you just mean move the 'Current Time/Total Track Time' I don't think it's useful because I can't use a bigger font. There is not enough space between the cover art and the right screen edge to display up to xx:xx/xx:xx in a bigger font. You can see that on the screenshots: Child in Time from Deep Purple is over 10min long and xx/12:07 would only fit the space where you suggest with this small font.

Quote:
The font on the top bar is also a little hard to read. Thanks again great theme.
Indeed the font is a bit small and hard to read but I don't have much choice to get enough space for all info. Maybe I can find a bit bigger and readable font that fits though. I'll check that
Meanwhile if you want to look for and try yourself, you can open the lebellium Samsung-like.sbs and lebellium Samsung-like.wps files and replace
Code:
# Clock
#
%V(43,1,28,9,3)%Vf(cecece)
by
Code:
# Clock
#
%V(43,1,28,9,-)%Vf(cecece)
and then go to the RB settings>theme setting>fonts and try which one is more readable
RB Fonts Pack to download here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Sorry, can't help you about that issue. Looks like the theme works for the others so it's a bit strange...
Hopefully a RB expert can help you

Last edited by lebellium; 11-06-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:06 PM

Thanks for the quick response and I agree with everything you said, I will look into changing the code myself. The biggest problem with the device is readability because the screeen is so small. I'll probably just try and switch the font and leave everything else in place. The year and time remaining are just difficult to read and I felt they were more important thank the detailed file info. It really is amazing to seehow much info you were able to fit into the theme itself.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Samsung Moderator

Maybe using a smaller font for track title, artist and album name and then a bigger font for album year and 'Current Time/Total Track Time' could be a solution to your issue, don't you think?
I'll try to work on that tomorrow, now it's time to sleep

BTW, I'm a file format and bitrate fan. Can't live without that and for me it's much more important than album year hihi

Old 11-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post

Sorry, can't help you about that issue. Looks like the theme works for the others so it's a bit strange...
Hopefully a RB expert can help you
I'll give it another try in a couple days....I need a day off from work to recharge the mental batteries first. It is entirely possible that I just did something wrong in my exhausted state of mind.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:11 AM

very nice theme. waiting for a new one from you

Old 11-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Samsung Moderator

@lexfrmqu: Does this correspond to your request?

v0.72

V0.80

If yes, to download in 1st post

Oh and BTW, my Zip is coming tomorrow, D+1 delivery by Amazon.de

Last edited by lebellium; 11-07-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:23 PM

Nice!!! About to download now. Congrats on your Zip, this is officially my go to theme for the zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
@lexfrmqu: Does this correspond to your request?

v0.72

V0.80

If yes, to download in 1st post

Oh and BTW, my Zip is coming tomorrow, D+1 delivery by Amazon.de

Old 11-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Now it works for me lebellium. I must have done something wrong the other day.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Samsung Moderator

Cool

No particular issue with the display?

Looks like I'm the single one with a different LCD panel... looks like the screen is shaken everytime I press a key in RB with my theme...

Old 11-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There is another screen part out there,lebellium.... referenced in this thread....http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,28709.0.html

Old 11-09-2011, 02:23 AM
Samsung Moderator

Yes I know, we discussed that yesterday on the RB IRC but as of today I'm the single one who complains about that issue among all those who tried my theme so I assume most users have the other OLED panel.

Tags
clip, lebellium samsung-like, rockbox, sansa, theme, zip