android
Old 11-10-2011, 01:16 AM

Default Camera AF not working

Why doesn't the auto focus work? I thought that when recording it would auto focus but it doesn't is there something im missing? I have the korean version. I have seen the Galaxy s phones auto focusing when recording but I cant get this device to auto focus even when taking a picture. The only focus I can get is when I hold down the capture key, I thought auto focus was supposed to will... auto focus.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Recording implies video. The camera isn't fast enough to auto-focus 30 times a second.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:36 PM

The specs say it has af and the camera used to shoot at a constent 30 frames when it was on android 2.2 even when the image was dark it maintained a 30 fps but since the upgrade to 2.3 it has been very slugish and will below 30 fps. Even when it did shoot 30 fps on 2.2 the auto focus did not work. Also this device has the same specs as the galaxy s phones and it was fast enough to auto focus.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:16 PM

I personally find the gingerbread update to have made alot of things slower, as well as decreased my battery performance.

This weekend I am considering factory resetting to Froyo 2.2. Not every upgrade is an upgrade ^^