android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 11-02-2011, 04:24 AM

Doesn't look like this one has been released for the 4.0 yet, but seems to be pretty good quality (top left corner of grid):

http://www.eixo.de/leather.htm

Definitely leaning towards the Melkco though. If nothing else pops up I in the next couple of days I reckon I'll place an order.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-02-2011, 10:37 AM

can someone who owns the 4.0 version tell the battery model used? G7, G9? Should be written on the battery

Old 11-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Samsung Moderator

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...6&postcount=11

Old 11-03-2011, 04:14 PM

I think the site is down i ordered 2 weeks ago on a Friday and it was delivered Sunday at Schiphol.
Only the post-office TNT needed 6 days from Amsterdam to Utrecht.
So Korea Amsterdam is faster then TNT Holland.

Site was of-line 7 days new site now that was the reason.

Update new link now i found the new site for the 5'' media-player Samsung Galaxy leather case.

http://www.exportprive.fr/en/samsung...-50-noir-.html

Last edited by Karel43; 11-09-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:47 PM

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-2...0868045&sr=1-1

Would this charger power the galaxy 5.0???

Old 11-09-2011, 04:48 PM

Default site was down

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBlackChaosX View Post
I can't access exportprive, I haven't able to at all. I'm guessing the site is down?
New site this was the reason sit was down GR Karel43

http://www.exportprive.fr/en/samsung...-50-noir-.html

Old 11-14-2011, 11:11 AM

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has bought galaxy player case that best buy is selling. It is not on the best buy website but it is on their online weekly ad where the iPods, headphones, and galaxy player are. I saw it for $20 in store but it feels like rubber and it did not show how the front is covered.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyunmet View Post
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has bought galaxy player case that best buy is selling. It is not on the best buy website but it is on their online weekly ad where the iPods, headphones, and galaxy player are. I saw it for $20 in store but it feels like rubber and it did not show how the front is covered.
I need suggestions for a charger for the SGP 5.0. i have no clue about how many amps or what not i need for this player. can someone guide me in the right direction?

Old 11-14-2011, 11:27 PM

I think any universal charger should work for the galaxy player 5.0. Most universal chargers output 1amp through their usb slots I think. As long as the amp output from the car charger is equal or higher than the wall charger that the galaxy player came with then you should be fine. I found this discussion on an android that was interesting, hope it helps.

http://androidforums.com/captivate-a...-chargers.html

Old 11-15-2011, 11:39 PM

Question Is a Screen Protector Needed?

I recently got a SGP 4.0 (after waiting/following it for months...which I like it alot), but I would like to know what are your views on a screen protector for this device?

Is it necessary?

Does it affect the responsiveness of the screen?

What are the best brands if I should get one?

I am thinking of getting a ZAGG SAMGALPLA4S invisibleSHIELD for Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 ($14) which is kinda expensive for a piece of thin protective plastic, or the 5x Premium Clear LCD Screen Protector Cover Guard Shield Protective Film Kit (5 Pieces) by V-Shield ($5) Much cheaper $5 for 5 ($1 a piece),

I am willing to go with the cheaper one if I am sure it will NOT affect the screen in ANY way.

Any views or info would appreciated.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:20 AM

I've found that I can go through 5 'cheapo' protectors in the space of 10 minutes because they pick up tiny particles of dust/hair/dirt from the atmosphere in the the short time between taking off the protective backing and installing them on your device. Applying them in a clean environment would certainly improve quality control, but you can't guarantee it.

Personally I'm still looking for a leather case that will protect the screen. Benefits include:
- no need for a protective layer
- no loss of sensitivity when swiping
- no loss of screen clarity
- larger form factor give you better grip on the device, minimising likelihood of dropping it
- fall protection

Downsides include:
- slightly larger form factor
- extra cost, but you could argue that you only need one leather case, whereas you may go through numerous protective layers
- small possiblity of a piece of dirt getting stuck between the leather cover and the screen causing scratching (but I'd consider this extremely unlikely)

Old 11-23-2011, 01:11 PM

Thumbs up Excellent base for the SGP 5.0

FWIW

I found a base that works so well for the SGP 5.0 you would think that it was made for it.

It is made by ANKER & is intended for the Blackberry Playbook. Although there is a sticker over the usb port on the base that states a PC wont charge the device and to use a AC adapter, that may be just for people using it as it was intended on the Playbook; my SGP is charging fine on the base using the data cable that came with my SGP. A cable is included with the base.

I got mine on ebay from this vendor

Have a Magical Day.

K

Old 11-23-2011, 08:14 PM

I recently bought this case for my galaxy player 4.0 from Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gray-Soft-TP...item20bc7b2a85
It's a rigid but at the same time flexible case. It is smooth and glossy, and doesn't stick to your pockets or attract lint like soft silicone cases. The case fits my player perfectly and has a really good feel to it. Seems like it will be able to protect from some minor drops, though not very severe drops. But overall, if you are looking for a cheap case, I highly recommend this one.

Old 11-24-2011, 03:35 PM

I'm going to try this case for the 5.0 I just ordered. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2AP475J29BBAE The Dell Streak is about the same size (just a little longer). I use a sleeve type for my phone and like it, protects it in the pocket and doesn't add bulk when not. I may put a couple clear silicone strips on the 2 sides of the SGP to help with "slippage".

Also got a 16gb class4 card, good deal here: http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-16GB-M.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

Last edited by tcat; 11-25-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:32 AM

It's disappointing that there aren't more cases for the 5.0. I would have liked to have found one made by Ringke or OtterBox. All I can find are leather cases which doesn't do much to protect the player from drops.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:33 AM

We may end up just having to find a generic case that seems to fit well.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:36 AM

Will a headphones/microphone set work on a SGP 5 to use the headphones instead of the speaker and the mike instead of the built in mike?

Old 11-27-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakEd View Post
Anyone know of any accessories for the 4.0? I am looking for a hard/rubber shell for the exterior and maybe a clock/docking station to set on a nightstand and charge. Something ala the IHome.
Yes there is something like that just Google philips android docking, it's the new line, and they are pretty nice, they connect via Bluetooth and charge via usb.
You do need their software app to run, but it's not that bad.
And the sound is pretty good.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:48 AM

Went to Best Buy this morning to get a Riot Outfitters case for the 5.0. To my surprise, they had a folio style one made of thin leather with a flexible plastic holder for the 5.0 sewn on the back cover of the case. There isn't a plastic sheet on the front of the holder so a screen protector is still needed. The folio is held closed with velco. I haven't gotten my player yet, it's in the mail, so I can't say yet how well it fits the player.

It was on sale for $17.99 marked down from $29.99. Not bad.

Edit:

The Riot Outfitters folio case holds the 5.0 very nicely. The smooth plastic/vinyl holder inside fits the 5.0 well although it feels just a tad loose. With the case closed, it's a good snug hold and doesn't add much bulk. It'll do until, hopefully, Otterbox decides to come out with a case.

Last edited by Ceramic; 12-01-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1776 View Post
Will a headphones/microphone set work on a SGP 5 to use the headphones instead of the speaker and the mike instead of the built in mike?
Anyone have the answer for this?