android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 12-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idivorceyou View Post
I want your Fuze!
The V1 is cool.....no refresh ever because of the USB support, like your other Sansas. However, the battery life is shorter than the V2, and all settings being equal, the V2 is a little louder. So I use the V2 more than the V1, but I don't switch up the music on it as often either.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-06-2010, 01:16 PM

I am failrly confident the Rockbox folks will bring V2 to full USB support. confident enough to keep the unit for a while.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I also think they will.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:48 PM

Which is another question (I should have my Fuze in a day or two): When using MSC, is it faster to transfer files directly onto the card outside of the Fuze and then put in the Fuze, or use the USB connection while the card is in the Fuze?

Old 12-06-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson Dyle View Post
Which is another question (I should have my Fuze in a day or two): When using MSC, is it faster to transfer files directly onto the card outside of the Fuze and then put in the Fuze, or use the USB connection while the card is in the Fuze?
It's definitely better if you have problems with the loading time of the card in OF. i personally always used a card reader which eliminated all rockbox load time on my microsd card on the clip+, but as there is a patch for usb i no longer need to ever go into OF.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 12-06-2010, 03:33 PM

I load tunes onto the card while inserted in the Fuze directly and find it makes no difference. The transfer times are dependent upon the write speed of the card and the read speed of the source from which the files are being copied.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:43 PM

Default so the refresh thing is now solved!

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=59821

check out the dfkt builds.
usb, other cool improvements. worth it for the usb.
Fuze v2 is now totally awesome!

Old 03-05-2011, 11:40 AM

Talking RE: fuze taking long to refresh

Quote:
I am using a Windows PC. It just took 13 minutes to refresh. the tags were all simplified as per above suggestions.

I notice that it takes a verrrry long time for the refresh progress bar to get to 50% and then it goes rather quickly to completion. I am wondering if it is having trouble with the files in the main memory, vs the SD card. The main memory has, in the music directory, my party songs directory, split into 3 subdirectories of approx. 500 songs each. Is there some directory file number limit or issue with the firmware that may be the culprit here?
I was reading your post and you said you applied the panasonic formater to your sd card. From what you said though, you didn't apply this to your actual Sansa fuze. You can apply the panasonic formater to the sansa fuze by putting your sansa fuze into msc mode and it will be detected just like a sd card, which will allow you to format your fuze's internal memory with the panasonic formater. Try it and see if that fixes your problem. I must thank whoever posted the info regarding this formater. I was having 10+ minute refresh times on my fuze and the times doubled when switching from a 16 gb card to a 32 gb card. I had close to 3000 songs and now am over that. Even the downloading times have increased significantly(Music onto the sd card). I'm not done yet loading music so I'll update on my refresh times but I know it will be much better than 20+ minutes. I now have a 32 gb card and I am loading all my music on that while leaving the internal memory empty until I need it. Whats even more funny though is that I've never had issues with my internal memory on my fuze giving me long load times. It honestly would take less than a minute to refresh and that is when it is maxed out with vbr and 320kbs songs, all tagged with album art as well. I also did apply that 2.3 tags to all my music and removed all other tags. It was really simple with mp3tag and only took me a couple minutes to implement. Just had to add my entire music library to mp3 tag which took less than 10 minutes (over 100 gigs of music btw) and just highligted all my music and had it remove tags (all but 3.2) then after save tags and whalla your done. (Note: It may be best to save all tags first before deleting.) Saving tags will put 3.2 tags onto your music (if you input that into the options list) and then delete tags will delete the tags you have chosen to remove (from options menu). That will solve the compatibility issues with the tags.

Last edited by lee730; 03-05-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Old 03-09-2011, 07:44 AM

Cool Thanks you man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
I'm doing a bunch of tags right now and this is how i do all of my music, removing all the tags that are not needed. Tagging only the needed fields should speed the reading of all your files on any device or software.

Thank you very much for posting this. Even though I followed the prompts to clean my t tags of the old tags it didn't make a huge difference in my load times. But after doing what you said and removing the extra fields from all my music such as comments, disc numbers that did the trick. With about 2900 songs on my 8gb Fuze and 16gb micro sd card my refresh times are about 3 minutes (down from 10-15+ minutes). If I was to only refresh the 8gb Fuze the load times are less than 30 secs. I'm very happy to have solved this issue but wonder why these issues even exist? Sansa could definitely incorporate some features into their Fuzes to bypass this for us less than expert music lovers (most of us BTW)

Old 03-09-2011, 12:43 PM

by keeping the unit's flash memory with less than 90 mb free, it never refreshes and simply tells me there's less than 90 mb's free and shuts off. this is perfect for me and eliminates any refresh time of the OF. I am 100% rockbox'd!

Old 03-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
by keeping the unit's flash memory with less than 90 mb free, it never refreshes and simply tells me there's less than 90 mb's free and shuts off. this is perfect for me and eliminates any refresh time of the OF. I am 100% rockbox'd!
Best trick ever, isn't it?

Old 07-17-2011, 09:54 AM

Maybe there is not enough free space left to work....i.e. don't put quite so much in internal memory and external memory (don't fill to capacity)?

Old 11-18-2011, 01:42 PM

is there any way to delete the cover arts of all mp3s? dont need them..

Old 11-18-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWakett View Post
is there any way to delete the cover arts of all mp3s? dont need them..
You can use Mp3tag to easily remove all embedded images from Mp3s. There are several ways to do it in Mp3tag, but maybe the simplest for someone new to the program is to load the entire library in Mp3tag, select all files with Ctrl-A, go into the Extended Tag dialog with Alt-T, then delete the covers by clicking the red X on the right and closing the dialog box with 'OK'.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:47 AM

i tried that with a test album but afterwards i could still see the cover art even though i deleted it via mp3tag.. strange but i will try again later. Thanks!

Old 11-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Sounds like files that were created using using Windows Media Player. WMP creates hidden system files as part of it's tagging process.

If you're using Windows you would need to unhide hidden and protected system operating filed in the folder options to see them. Once they're visible you can delete them. If you did use WMP to create those files and they are in your Music folder it will usually re-tag them with the AA it holds in it's database. Once you clean the tags you can guard against that by setting the attributes to Read Only in the Windows Explorer Properties menu.

If they weren't created or tagged using WMP I can't think of what else may be causing the AA to show. Either way I'd start by unhiding the system folders and see if there's any extra files there.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
If you remove the tags you will lose all info in the tags, so no title and artist.

But thats not what hes talking about. He said to remove all the extra tags that aren't needed (ID3v1, APE, etc). I doubt this really helps, but trimming extra crap out of the ID3v2 tags probably does, since it'll save a lot of time digging through files to parse them.
I want to pick up a clip zip tomorrow so in the meantime, I have all my music (around 17gb or so, mp3 and m4a mostly) selected on my 32gb microsd card (from my tablet), any way to have mp3tag remove the appropriate info from all the files at once?

I would rather not have to load each and every song one at a time.

Also, it would be nice to keep the id3v1 tags so it keeps proper compatibility with my android devices and power amp.

edit nevermind, dont mind the noob here.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batkinson001 View Post
I want to pick up a clip zip tomorrow so in the meantime, I have all my music (around 17gb or so, mp3 and m4a mostly) selected on my 32gb microsd card (from my tablet), any way to have mp3tag remove the appropriate info from all the files at once?

I would rather not have to load each and every song one at a time.

Also, it would be nice to keep the id3v1 tags so it keeps proper compatibility with my android devices and power amp.

edit nevermind, dont mind the noob here.
You don't need id3v1 tags for Android and Poweramp.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Administrator

You really want to write your tags using Mp3Tag. I found that tags written with foobar2000 that were reliably read everywhere else failed on the Clip Zip. Weird, they worked perfectly on the Clip+ but after the database refresh the CZ showed all types of nonsense information. Mostly it was the genre that went wrong.

Fusion became "F", "Fu", "Fn" and other variations. Without changing any information they all read correctly by just having MP3Tag write the tags again.

If you use the settings Marv posted here http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...30&postcount=2 you can rewrite the tags in batches. if you prefer to keep the Id3v1 tags just check that box in the Write option.

I'd try a small set of copies before I changed anything for a larger collection. If something goes wrong it can be fixed but it can be a PIA.

If any of your m4a files are longer than ~10 minutes they may or may not play. I've tried them using several types of encoders. I used iTunes, Winamp and a few others and the results have been the same. As long as they were short enough they played OK. Other songs from the same album that were encoded as part of the same batch were skipped.