android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon X7

Old 11-24-2011, 06:24 PM

Default Looking to see how accurate the specs of the X7 actually are.

So the story is I have had a Samsung P2 for the past 5 years. It's 4GB and I have 57GB of music that I cycle weekly through my P2. This P2 has been with me through the past 5 years. It worked with Bluetooth, had amazing quality, was durable, and battery life wasn't have bad.

I'm looking for a bigger player now. Not just 8GB, but above 32GB. So I saw the X7 and was like, "OH MY THAT IS INCREDIBLE!". Like I mean 103 hours of music playback? I have to charge my P2 every 3 days, but with this I could go a whole two weeks without charging it once.

But, it sounds way to good to be true. Is the battery life that good? 103 hours? I'd be happy with even 80 hours.

And while we are at that, is it durable? Can I drop it and not have it act like a piece of trash iPod touch that shatters on impact from a meter drop? Is the sound quality as good as they make it out to be? Will I be disappointed in buying it? Does it have gap-less? And finally out of curiousity, is the speaker at all good quality?

Back on the forum indefinitely

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-24-2011, 07:03 PM

Speak quality isn't that good, but decent enough as background music player.
it has gap-less
you will be dissappointed if you want a good screen a small mp3 player or an easy to use interface
I don't know about durability, mine is in a gelly case and screen protector. No problems but I don't drop it.
I left my cowon in the car on saturday and on monday I still had 2 of the 4 bars left after continous playing on low volume.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:30 PM

Battery life: at least 80 hours, but I usually recharge it when there is stil one bar left; so it could be more.
Otherwise, same as above, the build quality is excellent, but I won't drop it to find out how tough it is.
Just a strong warning: if you're using a Mac, and not a PC, forget the X7, it is not compatible with Apple computers (it is a shame in this day and âge...).

Just one note about iPod, the fact that the glass can shatter more easily is due to the way it is assembled, more than the quality of the materials. Since the edges of the glass are sticking out, there is a much higher chance that a fall will end up with an impact on the edge, which will definitely make the glass shatter.
There is a reason why most manufacturers encase the glass edges, and the iPod/iPhone is a typical example of design taking priority against common sense.

Headphones: AKG K240-MKII
To sell: JVC HA-FX300, Philips SHE9850

Old 11-25-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienbasse View Post
Just one note about iPod, the fact that the glass can shatter more easily is due to the way it is assembled, more than the quality of the materials. Since the edges of the glass are sticking out, there is a much higher chance that a fall will end up with an impact on the edge, which will definitely make the glass shatter.
There is a reason why most manufacturers encase the glass edges, and the iPod/iPhone is a typical example of design taking priority against common sense.
Yeah, I wasn't saying the materials were low quality, but if Apple can't prevent a device from self destructing itself from a meter drop; I don't think it really gives a good impression of the design skills in that company.
They also seem to have some random obsession with rounded rectangles. OCD maybe?

But yes thank you to you two for sharing answers. Thanks.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

As for cases, I never put my X7 in one since the day I got it and there's not a single scratch on it. But I'm extra carefull in handling my players, hence I've never dropped any of them. For some reason or another, I never considered the X7 to need a case because it appears rugged enough without one, however, I got a case for my iPod Touch 4G as soon as I purchased it.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
As for cases, I never put my X7 in one since the day I got it and there's not a single scratch on it. But I'm extra carefull in handling my players, hence I've never dropped any of them. For some reason or another, I never considered the X7 to need a case because it appears rugged enough without one, however, I got a case for my iPod Touch 4G as soon as I purchased it.
How do you like it compared to your iPod?

Old 11-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagence View Post
How do you like it compared to your iPod?
I like both of them equally for different reasons. I like my Touch for the UI, video playback, and the ability to run apps. The X7 could not compete in this area, however, I prefer my X7 for the storage space, battery life, and SQ. Even though the SQ is about the same for both players with no sound enhancements, the X7 really shines when the use of jet effects and BBE come into action. I also am using an equilizer app for my Touch, but even though it brings the SQ more to life IMO it still pales in comparison to the X7. Also, I also like the UI on the X7, but it's not as smoothe as the Touch, even though it's very precise for a resistive touch screen.