android
Old 12-05-2011, 01:12 AM

Default NWZ-S544 Not Detected By Laptop

Hello, I'm running Windows XP on a Toshiba Satellite A75-S209 Laptop. Anyway, I was plugging my NWZ-S544 Sony Walkman MP3 Player into the laptop and it would work perfectly fine for a few weeks. However, after plugging it in anymore the laptop refuses to even recognize the MP3 Player even exists.

The Walkman will light up and say "Connected USB. The Timer and Alarm Will Become Invalid". However, the laptop doesn't recognize it. The Walkman will not charge, Portable Devices does not show up in the Device Manager when I plug it in, nor does it show up on a port under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. So the issue isn't as simple as "Update your Driver" or "Uninstall and Reinstall" as others would put it.

I tried this with different kinds of MP3 Players too. I've tried it with three different SanDisk Sansa MP3 Players. (I have no idea what model they are, the MP3 Players call themselves "Lil' Monsters").

ANYWAY, the Sansas will at least show up under portable devices as an "MTP Device". However, the Device Manager window keeps refreshing over and over again when I plug them in and when I try to update the drivers for them, it gives me a "Code 10" error and says "This Device Cannot Start". When I try to update said Drivers, it always tells me that Windows already has the best match and can't find a better one. Uninstalling and Reinstalling doesn't work either.

I have posted this question at many different "Help Me" forums where there are supposedly genius tech experts and such, and I never even get the courtesy of a reply, at the very least, as if it just goes right over their heads, which just $%#*&%$ makes me mad.

I'd at least like a little feedback as to what the issue might be. If further details are needed, I will elaborate as well as I can. That's about as much info as I can give at this point.

Last edited by Ceph; 12-05-2011 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Typo

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]