android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 12-21-2011, 07:52 AM

Default [hard brick]how to flash back my phone now? I got .pit and .tar file already.

Hello everyone,

I have a Galaxy Player 4.0 (YP-GB1) 16gb Korea version (much like Galaxy S without phone function only, other things equal). Few weeks ago, I tried to install a Galaxy S ROM ( both .tar and .PIT files). It was a terrible mistake since the PIT file for Galaxy S doesn't fit my player. Hence, my player became dead from then (no response to buttons, no response to Odin).

I tried to get Odin recognize my player successfully by pressing the volume down button. But, couldn't restore the player with .tar file.

So, I posted in a Korean forum and got the PIT file.

But now, even I tried with that new PIT file in Odin. Odin stuck at the SET PARTITION and never moved on.

My question is: how to flash back my phone now? I got .pit and .tar file already.
And, my PIT file is 256kb. is it weird? I mean, most of the PIT files are about 2kb only

Last edited by lomonoxop25; 12-21-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

checkout this forum...I am sure the info you need is in there somewhere. I live on it when I was jacking around with my Nook Color.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1418

Old 12-22-2011, 11:41 PM

Have you tried flashing with heimdall. Heres a link to YP-GB1 roms. There might be different pit files for 16gb and 32gb. The pit file seems to be a normal size. Have you tried flashing with odin without a pit file and just a rom/tar? Also you can confirm its the correct pit file by opening the pit file with word pad, most of the information is distorted but some where in there you should see 16G.rfs.

Last edited by neao; 12-23-2011 at 06:21 PM.