android
  #1  
Old 12-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Too_Violent Too_Violent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
Default Will the SGP 5.0 support Voodoo?

Ok I just recently heard about this amazing thing called voodoo that is suppose to boost the sound quality on the Galaxy and other products. This being said i downloaded the app from my galaxy player 5.0 and it doesnt support it does anyone know if this will ever happen? Also does anyone know what sound chip the player uses? Thanks
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:13 AM
-SteveS- -SteveS- is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Violent View Post
Ok I just recently heard about this amazing thing called voodoo that is suppose to boost the sound quality on the Galaxy and other products. This being said i downloaded the app from my galaxy player 5.0 and it doesnt support it does anyone know if this will ever happen? Also does anyone know what sound chip the player uses? Thanks
It will never happen, because voodoo it's hardware related and the 5.0 audio hardware is different from the 4.0.
4.0 audio hardware is the same as Galaxy S (which supports voodoo), while 5.0 audio hardware is the same as Galaxy SII / Galaxy Note (which doesn't support voodoo and never will).
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:46 AM
dacari's Avatar
dacari dacari is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 25
Default

Yesterday Supercurio said that he works in a mod (pseudo-voodooż?) to enhance sound quality of SII so we can think as extension the other yamaha's devices, wifi 5.0 and Note.

Here:
https://twitter.com/#!/supercurio/st...22456394067969
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 12-14-2011, 06:09 AM
Too_Violent Too_Violent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SteveS- View Post
It will never happen, because voodoo it's hardware related and the 5.0 audio hardware is different from the 4.0.
4.0 audio hardware is the same as Galaxy S (which supports voodoo), while 5.0 audio hardware is the same as Galaxy SII / Galaxy Note (which doesn't support voodoo and never will).
Ahhh does this mean the smaller version (SGP 4.0) Can recieve the update or no? Or is it a completely different device?
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 12-14-2011, 08:42 AM
-SteveS- -SteveS- is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Violent View Post
Ahhh does this mean the smaller version (SGP 4.0) Can recieve the update or no? Or is it a completely different device?
It means that only the 4.0 supports voodoo. The 5.0 is a completely different device in the audio department.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 12-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Too_Violent Too_Violent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
Default

We are talking about the newly released player right like the ones shown? Mine has 3 touch sensitive buttons and the galaxy player wifi 4.0 and 5.0 seem to look way different are they the same thing or just different models? I ahve the 5.0 one shown in the picture and I just bought it so if the little one has a better sound chip i can still exchange it because i bought it last night. But if this is something different then can you tell me the sound chip this one uses and if its able to have voodoo?
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=samsu...t:429,r:0,s:24
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 12-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Too_Violent Too_Violent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SteveS- View Post
It will never happen, because voodoo it's hardware related and the 5.0 audio hardware is different from the 4.0.
4.0 audio hardware is the same as Galaxy S (which supports voodoo), while 5.0 audio hardware is the same as Galaxy SII / Galaxy Note (which doesn't support voodoo and never will).
So all that being said are the Galaxy S Player wifi 4.0 and 5.0 different from the galaxy player 5.0 and 4.0 because the Wifi one seems to have a pressable middle button where mine does not. Only 3 touch sensitve ones. Sorry im new to these audio players and I thank you for helping me Steve
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 12-14-2011, 12:18 PM
dacari's Avatar
dacari dacari is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Violent View Post
We are talking about the newly released player right like the ones shown? Mine has 3 touch sensitive buttons and the galaxy player wifi 4.0 and 5.0 seem to look way different are they the same thing or just different models? I ahve the 5.0 one shown in the picture and I just bought it so if the little one has a better sound chip i can still exchange it because i bought it last night. But if this is something different then can you tell me the sound chip this one uses and if its able to have voodoo?
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=samsu...t:429,r:0,s:24
Tha'ts right! in some european countries the wifi 4.0 and 5.0 (physical button) have been available nearly a year, so it will be interesting if the "new" versions have been improved or downgraded.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 12-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Too_Violent Too_Violent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Well

Thats the thing I have the us version and im very interested in knowing what sound chip it has and can it somehow support voodoo. I have the 5.0 American version and if the Wolfson chip is only supported in the 4.0 then should I grt that one or no? What are the atvantages of the chip anyway and does it make sense to to take back my 5.0 model?
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 12-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Daniel644 Daniel644 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 475
Default

I have the 4.0 and cannot install voodoo thru the market, I had to root and use applanet to install the FREE version but when I launch it it wont do anything because it says the kernel is unsupported but all the kernels on there help page are for 2.2 froyo and i've got the US 2.3.5 Gingerbread.
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 12-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Too_Violent Too_Violent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Yeah, I have the 5.0 and I was able to download it but there isnt a kernal for it. Do you think there ever will be one?
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 12-15-2011, 08:29 AM
The DarkSide's Avatar
The DarkSide The DarkSide is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Qns Vlg, NYC
Posts: 16,054
Default

The sgp 5.0 does not do voodoo - period!!!
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 12-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Kromiend Kromiend is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

What is this voodoo? Is it an app? I tried looking it up, but i couldn't find it.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.