android
Old 12-27-2011, 10:51 AM

Default Screenshots with SGP 4.0 US version

Well, I am now the proud owner of a shiny SGP 4.0! I've been "fixing it up" to my liking, installing apps and figuring out how it all works. I have one question however. I'm trying to take a screenshot of the battery usage page so that I can get a general idea of how it performs. I've seen multiple references online that say Home+Power will take a screenshot, Back+Home, and other combinations. However, none of them work for me. I have the US version, running Android 2.3.5. Has anyone had any luck figuring out if there is a way to take screenshots without installing an app to do it? If there isn't any other way, I will install a screenshot app but I don't want to unless I have to. Thanks!
Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 rooted + 32 GB Samsung uSD - Samsung T10 Bright Lime Green 4GB - Sansa Clip+ Black 4GB minus screen - SanDisk DAP 512 MB (modified to take two AAs instead of one AAA) - KITSOUND KSDJ headphones - SoundMAGIC E10 IEMs

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-27-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXTreme View Post
Well, I am now the proud owner of a shiny SGP 4.0! I've been "fixing it up" to my liking, installing apps and figuring out how it all works. I have one question however. I'm trying to take a screenshot of the battery usage page so that I can get a general idea of how it performs. I've seen multiple references online that say Home+Power will take a screenshot, Back+Home, and other combinations. However, none of them work for me. I have the US version, running Android 2.3.5. Has anyone had any luck figuring out if there is a way to take screenshots without installing an app to do it? If there isn't any other way, I will install a screenshot app but I don't want to unless I have to. Thanks!
We've previously tried figuring it out in this thread (http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66613) but in the end the only thing we could come up with were screen shot apps.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:02 PM

Oops, I don't know how I missed that. Thanks for the answer, even if it isn't the answer I wanted! I do find the Screen Capture Shortcut app fairly easy to use, even if the developer's mother tongue obviously isn't English. Thanks!
Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 rooted + 32 GB Samsung uSD - Samsung T10 Bright Lime Green 4GB - Sansa Clip+ Black 4GB minus screen - SanDisk DAP 512 MB (modified to take two AAs instead of one AAA) - KITSOUND KSDJ headphones - SoundMAGIC E10 IEMs

Old 12-27-2011, 01:32 PM

http://www.appbrain.com/app/screensh...ov.shotuxtrial works well, I plan on buying it when the 14 free ones are used up.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:18 AM

Looks like a well-developed app. My only problem is that I'd probably use up the 14 free screenshots in two days . Fortunately, I only need the most basic of capabilities. Thanks for the link though!

Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 AM

Hi,

As an alternative, if you have the Android SDK installed, there's a "ddms.bat" that you can run, and you can use that to take screenshots. You'll have to have your player attached via USB to do that, then after starting DDMS, Device==>Screen Capture.

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ddms.jpg (28.6 KB, 7 views)