android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3 > Samsung P3 Accessories

Old 07-06-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi00 View Post
Have you used your clarity settings? I'm trapped on +1. 0 Isn't worth my time. Which makes me think it's not a true line out. Could just be my equipment though.

I'm wondering how you would compare the sound to your clip.

All in all it definitely improves sound quality, and it's pretty much a must if you appreciate sound in general.
I'm not surprised you like clarity settings on 1. My Cmoy (which uses a LME49860 op amp) adds a lot of brightness to the sound (treble basically) so it sounds somewhat similar to having the clarity settings on, but marginally better.

The FiiO (I haven't heard the E5 mind, but I have the E3) adds bass and rolls off the treble, making the sound a little darker. So clarity settings would counter-act this, I guess

Its not that one sounds is better or worse, just a matter of personal taste.

Although it seems unlikely it really is true line out, because sound straight from a DAC shouldn't have effects / EQs & stuff on it, MP3 player circuits are realistically much more complicated than a simple MP3 > DAC > AMP set up. Difference chips serve multiple functions, DACs have amps built in, and all kinds of crazy crap!

Oh, IMHO -

Sansa Clip (no eq) better Sammy P3 > No DSNe > Headphone Out
Sansa Clip (no eq) equals Sammy P3 > DSNe on > Headphone Out
Sansa Clip (no eq) equals Sammy P3 > No DSNe > LOD > Basic Headphone Amp
Sansa Clip (no eq) worse Sammy P3 > DSNe on > LOD > Basic Headphone Amp
Sansa Clip (no eq) worse Sammy P3 > DSNe on > Headphone Out
Sansa Clip (no eq) worse Sammy P3 > No DSNe > LOD > Good Headphone Amp
Sansa Clip (EQ on) worse than all above combo's (Clips EQ sucks!)

I gave my Sansa Clip to my g/f. I still use it occasionally, its a great little player. YMMV of course.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 PM

Excellent tutorial, I would try this if I didn't have a great audio system in my room already, and if I wasn't so lazy

I'm an audiophile, but this is just beyond me.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjrock View Post
Oh, IMHO -

Sansa Clip (no eq) better Sammy P3 > No DSNe > Headphone Out
Sansa Clip (no eq) equals Sammy P3 > DSNe on > Headphone Out
Sansa Clip (no eq) equals Sammy P3 > No DSNe > LOD > Basic Headphone Amp
Sansa Clip (no eq) worse Sammy P3 > DSNe on > LOD > Basic Headphone Amp
Sansa Clip (no eq) worse Sammy P3 > DSNe on > Headphone Out
Sansa Clip (no eq) worse Sammy P3 > No DSNe > LOD > Good Headphone Amp
Sansa Clip (EQ on) worse than all above combo's (Clips EQ sucks!)
You seem to have the same combination at two totally different rankings. I've marked the two lines in red. Not sure if this was intentional. Does seem a bit confusing though.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:23 AM

Somtimes ago I bought a docking station for my P2. This was made for an old Yepp and didn't work with my P2.

Reading this thread I thought it would be an good idea to reconstruct this dock for my current P3.
I opened it by screwing the for screws hidden by the four rubber feets and it contained a small circuit board beeing connected to the proprietary Samsung connector at the top of the dock by a couple of seperated cables.
At the circuit board there are a Samsung connector and a line out connector solded.
I believe that it should be possible to make a usable dock from this.

I would add a standard USB mini port and keep the proprietary Samsung simply routed through.
An amplifier for real line out voltage level should be added, too, but this is more than I could work out.

Last edited by froes; 04-15-2010 at 05:00 AM.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:06 AM

I didn't make it yet. But I'm interested in any opinions about that.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:58 PM

That was going to be my question, is it really a line out or is this still post processing from the P3 amp?

I thought I read somewhere that the P3 didn't have a signal prior to the internal amp. So a "true" line out wasn't possible.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:48 PM

Any idea what this would sound like without an amp? I ask because my jack is starting to not recognize my headphones. It'll randomly pause and I'll have to unlock it, hit play, and lock it again, and this'll happen every 30 seconds or so if I'm moving. I don't want to carry around an amp with me, and I have low impedance headphones (ATH-M50), so I was thinking maybe I could make an LOD cable with a female connector that I could plug my headphones directly into.

EDIT: I bought a spare cable and tried it and sure enough, it works, without an amp. I like the sound, but it's almost identical to the jack, so not much to say there. Just interesting that it works. I believe I've made the first LOD cable with a jack for headphones to plug directly into, aside from the fiio cord with the itty-bitty-amp-that-looks-like-a-volume-control built in.

Last edited by nikc4; 06-04-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:08 PM

Hey, I'm really interested in doing this DIY but I can't see any of the pictures. Is there a chance you can get the pictures working? If not, does anyone know where to find a pin out of the adapter?

I'm a bit of a novice at soldering but I figure I don't lose much except 5 dollars if I mess up anyhow.