android
Old 12-29-2011, 12:53 PM

Default Winamp problems, Double Genres and Discovers

Hello,

I recently installed Winamp for my S-Series Walkman and it was working great for the past couple of weeks. Now all of a sudden it's duplicating songs from my walkman to my computer and doing a whole bunch of other problems

Here is a list of the problems I am encountering.

- When I disconnect my walkman and check the genres, more than 1 of the same genre pops up. I tried to manually make sure that they are the same by typing them myself but it doesn't work.
- When I try to import some songs I get a error "8ooozed" or some crazy lettering this only happens to some songs and not all, all my songs are in the correct format.
- Now when I plug in my walkman altogether it shows my playlists under the WALKMAN list, but when I click on the walkman itself I can not see the full music contents, it's just blank. I know my music is there, because it's there I just can't see it. I can't physically go in there and modify it.

I already tried to uninstall and re-install Winamp, I also tried to do it in the library itself, it's just a matter of the library on my walkman to reveal itself.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-29-2011, 01:02 PM

This is why I don't use any programs to put music on any of my players.

You'll have to use Winamp to view the songs on the Walkman. Whatever program you used to transfer to the player, that's what you'll have to use to view anything on it.

I'd recommend just putting everything in folders and dragging them onto the player itself through Windows. It takes the same amount of time and you don't have to worry about anything else.

As for the error code, without seeing the entirety of it, I have no idea what that's about.
movies, Netflix and internet, oh my!

Old 12-29-2011, 01:05 PM

I tried to do that and I had crazy genres of chinese characters and I couldn't edit them in anyway. I had more problems doing it the manual way then the winamp way. However the next time I see the error I will post it.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:48 PM

I have always had issues with WinAmp and Sony Players. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I will not go into the long list of this I have done in the Options menu because you will not benefit from them because I can't explain concisely the things I have done.

As much as I rag on iTunes. It is what I use to transfer music to my Walkmans with "Content Transfer" Sony App. You have to open iTunes then open Content Transfer. The it is a matter of Highlighting in iTunes what you want on your Walkman and Drag the selection on to Content Transfer and C.T does the rest. Easy as pie.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:40 PM

Can you give an idea of what you did, maybe I can learn as I go. Any help you can give would be nice.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:01 PM

Default Why do I have double genres on my walkman?

But on the media players (Winamp, MediaMonkey, iTunes) it shows as one genre?

Last edited by skip252; 01-01-2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: post moved to your thread that asks the same question. no need for a new thread.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Administrator

If I had to guess it may be a tagging issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickboy239 View Post
I tried to do that and I had crazy genres of chinese characters and I couldn't edit them in anyway. I had more problems doing it the manual way then the winamp way. However the next time I see the error I will post it.
When I used to see odd characters, multiple genres and the like it was either bad tags or files system corruption. Once I cleaned up my tags those problems stopped.

I have one Sony I manage in MTP with nothing more than drag and drop and never have any tagging oddities. You don't say how the files were created or what software was used to tag them. I you examine the files before you put them on the player with foobar2000's file integrity verifier it will let you know if you have multiple tags. You can also use it's Properties menu to see if the files actually have multiple tags.

Edit:

Instead of creating a new thread it's better to bump your existing thread whenever you have new information or questions. If the direction of the thread changes and you would like the the thread's title to show that you can edit the title in the Go Advanced options in the Edit menu.

That way any helpful information won't be spread across multiple threads. It also allows anyone that might have a suggestion to see what's been tried already.

You can also use Mp3Tag and it's extended tags menu pane to take a close look at the tags. If more than one application has tagged them you may find anything in them. The same goes for a poor tagging app or ripper. I've seen some of the oddest things caused by the way Windows Media Player tags files.

You can also try putting the player in MSC mode and checking the disk for errors using Windows disk checker in the drive properties context menu. I don't know if that would cause something as specific as just bad genre tags but it can't hurt to check.

I haven't set up sync with Winamp in the last couple years. It seemed much too complex for just adding or deleting files and creating playlists. I did use it for creating playlists from files I added using drag and drop and used it to move enough files to be sure I didn't want to continue.

When you are trying to straighten something like this you will probably need to be patient and be prepared to load the player more than once. There may be a fair amount of work discovering what the problem is and providing detailed information helps with that.

Last edited by skip252; 01-01-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Additional information