android
Old 01-03-2012, 02:16 PM

Default Anyone streaming wirelessly to a Samsung TV?

I know this is possible with certain Samsung TV's. Anyone doing this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-03-2012, 05:47 PM

I don't have a Samsung TV but as I understand it the Samsung TV must be one of their "Smart TV" models and it must be connected to wifi with the same wireless router that your SGP is connected to wifi with. There is a new update for the app - not sure what that adds or fixes.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:39 AM

Hmmmm- so if you wanted to watch netflix, you'd be getting the signal/data FROM the router, TO the SGP, back to the router and then BACK to the SGP? Sounds untenable if that were the case.

Anyone know how this works?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:12 AM

Smart TV's already can directly get Netflix. So there is no need to use the Player to watch Netflix on the SmartTV.

The best use is to play movies you have downloaded, or made, from the player on the TV.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:13 PM

10-4 thanks

Old 01-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

So long as the TV supports DLNA, my 5.0 will stream videos it has on board to the TV. It works with an LG 47" and a Sharp 52" I have. Both are "Smart" TVs connected to my local network.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
So long as the TV supports DLNA, my 5.0 will stream videos it has on board to the TV. It works with an LG 47" and a Sharp 52" I have. Both are "Smart" TVs connected to my local network.
How's that work? Direct to the TV or is the SGP going to with wifi router and then the signal is going back to the TV?

Basically, the TV has to be on the wifi, right? And, since it's a smart TV it's got netflix on it anyway? So really this is for non-netflix use...looking at photos or video from the device.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

How's it work? Well my router obviously is on so it's hard to tell if the signal goes over WiFi directly to the HDTV or over WiFi to the Router then Wifi again to the HDTV. I see lights flickering on the router, but that could be from this PC accessing ABI or the Samsung 5.0 streaming to the TV. Both seem to be working fine though.

But yes, the Samsung only sees devices on my home network when logged onto my home network. When the 5.0 is using the web for netflix or youtube or photos or whatever, there is no option from the browser to share/send/stream via Allshare/DLNA available.

Allshare lets you use the 5.0/4.0 to manage streaming of content on a NAS or PC to an HDTV as well. The content all has to be on the same network though.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:40 PM

I have a samsung D8000 and the galaxy s wifi 5.0

I tend to use anyshare, just pick whatever file i wish to play, link up to my tv and that's it, plays lovely.

Haven't really tried anything else as i don't really have a need, but it's nice to have, be even better once my galaxy nexus supports anyshare, for now android market won't let me touch the thing.