android
Old 01-03-2012, 08:10 PM

Help MicroSD Card and iTunes Trouble

Forgive my ignorance as I will undoubtedly ask many ignorant questions regarding my dilemma.

Considerably short battery life and an unresponsive screen rendered my second generation iPod Touch into an unusable brick. I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0. Change is progressive, right? The pink elephant in the room is music or lack thereof. I cannot transfer albums purchased from iTunes to my microSD card for use in my device. Attempts with paid and free apps from the android Market (three in total) have all ended in failure. Somewhere along the line the card became write-protected and refuses to sync or allow any modification. I did not have a problem until I formatted the card within the Player.

How the hell do I remove the write-protection from the microSD card? Why is iTunes being a jackass? It has been two days and I’m still frustrated beyond belief.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-03-2012, 08:17 PM

You can actually manually find the music from iTunes in your folders then copy them to the MicroSD card,that will work.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:43 AM

Red face

To be honest, I have no idea how to to that. I usually don't fiddle around with iTunes unless I purchase new albums. The microSD Card will not let me make any changes as it has somehow become write-protected.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:42 AM

Download free app doubletwist on your galaxy and in your computer.This app will send itunes music to sd card when you connect with usb to your computer.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Thumb Down

doubleTwist makes a snail look like a race car. The program did nothing more than cause concern and doubt. I only managed to transfer a few songs. iSyncr failed, too.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:24 PM

Doubletwist worked great for me on an imac over to Galaxy 5.0.Moved 8 g of music with no problem.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novicious View Post
How the hell do I remove the write-protection from the microSD card? Why is iTunes being a jackass? It has been two days and Iím still frustrated beyond belief.
I suspect you might not be the target demographic for an SGP 4.0 but lets try this anyway. First off, PC or Mac?

Old 01-04-2012, 03:54 PM

Page

Perhaps, but learning something new is never a waste of time. I own a PC.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

So, is this the DRM'd/copyrighted music your trying to transfer? It won't work. The protected stuff only works on an iPod.

If it's not protected try using a free program such as MediaMonkey or J. RIVER. These will allow you to transfer over your tunes.

Also, if using sync software, set the SGP 4.0 to MTP mode.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:38 AM

I copy iTunes purchased music ($.69 and $1.29 songs) all the time to my galaxy player's micro sd card from the iTunes folder on my mac mini. Make sure the switch is not set to locked on the micro sd card adapter if you're plugging the card directly to your computer's micro sd card port. I had the same message of not being to write and realized the switch was set to lock on the card's adapter.