android
Old 12-30-2011, 06:42 PM

You don't need to have an initial bookmark file on the other player. You take the *.bmark from the original player where you set the bookmark, then put it in the same directory on the other player and continue listening.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-30-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You don't need to have an initial bookmark file on the other player. You take the *.bmark from the original player where you set the bookmark, then put it in the same directory on the other player and continue listening.
I understand the premise but is there a way to get the bookmark to be generated in a specific directory on the sd card so i don't need to manually copy it over?

Old 01-01-2012, 05:00 PM

Never done this before so be patient.

Trying to install Rockbox and having trouble getting the bin file for the original firmware. The Rockbox installer tells me the original firmware is unknown. I'm using ClipZip01.01.12 as in info on the player it shows V01.01.12P. What am i doing wrong?

Old 01-01-2012, 05:01 PM

Just get the working bootloader from the first post in this thread and extract it to your Clip.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:21 PM

New patched build: r31516M-120101-sansaclipzip (FS#9305, FS#11304, FS#11767, FS#12075, FS#12454, channel swap) - dfkt

FS#12338 has been committed to SVN in the meantime, yay.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm just posting to say that I couldn't be happier with Rockbox on my two (soon to be three) Clip Zips. Every few days I've been updating to the current build, although at this point I don't feel like I really have to.

Some more themes would be cool, but even that is no big deal. If I feel like album art that particular day, I switch to dfkt's theme.....otherwise, I go simplistic....white text, black background.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:28 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
otherwise, I go simplistic....white text, black background.
In this case you could have saved some bucks buying a Clip+

There is a 3rd official theme on the RB website now yeah! http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...t=sansaclipzip

Old 01-02-2012, 05:05 AM

Well, that guy at least could have given me credits as well, if he uses my icons...

Old 01-02-2012, 05:34 AM
Samsung Moderator

I think the biggest issue is rather that he listens to the Titanic OST

Old 01-02-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Hello dfkt!

Just extracted that over the 31375 build, am I supposed to wipe the old .rockbox and do a fresh extract, or can I just merge the folders? I merged them and the battery indicator does not change while charging... but it updates fine otherwise.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:23 AM

Hi Surnia, that's weird. I just extracted this new build over my old one as well - everything is fine, including charging animation (with my theme, at least). Maybe it would be good to wipe the .rockbox folder and install it again, and the theme as well. A checkdisk/fsck wouldn't be a bad idea either.

(I read on the Rockbox forum that you have playlist issues as well... seems like something indeed is wrong with your Zip install.)

Old 01-02-2012, 12:13 PM

Charging information shown fine here as well, on both File Transfer and with a USB Charger.

Thanks

Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 PM

Alright, finished charging (or near the end) and the indicator while plugged into USB jumped up to near max. As far as the playlists, still not functioning.

The same builds (minus the bootloader) on the zip simulator work flawlessly.

Is there anything beyond just wiping the .rockbox folder and adding it again?

Thanks for the help dfkt!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:56 PM

Default Clip Zip

Well, Pulled the trigger on a clip zip. 8g 49.99 from newegg. Couldn't pass it up. Rockbox it when it comes in and I should be golden. Is rockbox stable for install?

Old 01-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69z28rsss View Post
Well, Pulled the trigger on a clip zip. 8g 49.99 from newegg. Couldn't pass it up. Rockbox it when it comes in and I should be golden. Is rockbox stable for install?
Post moved to the Clip Zip Rockbox forum. Please use descriptive titles in the future. "Clip Zip" won't help anyone answer your question.

That question's asked and answered a few times in this thread. It's running just fine for me. See the first post in this thread for what's needed to get started.

As always I advise reading the manual at least through Browsing and Playing. After that you can skim for the answers to most questions.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:05 PM

Default Clip Zip RDS

Hallo, is it possible to scroll the rds information in the DFKT minimum zip? Thank you in advance.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:36 PM

Not yet. It's a firmware limitation, not a theme limitation. Once RDS scrolling is implemented in Rockbox, my theme will display scrolling information.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Old 01-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^showoff^

Old 01-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post

Dear God, they're multiplying...