android
Old 01-06-2012, 01:38 PM

Default How do I add playlists to my walkman using MediaMonkey?

I have the walkman S-series and have had playlists on there before when I manually put the songs on there. It was very tedious and not something i want to do again. Well when I plugged in my walkman the playlists were gone, but imported to the main library and now I can't get them back on the walkman like they were.

What can I do?

Also when I sync my walkman, not all the music is shown in the walkman library and usually I have to sync my library with the walkman and have duplicate songs.

Any information this would be great.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-06-2012, 05:41 PM

I've been using MediaMonkey 4.0 to manage the music on my player (a Sony NWZ-E456), including playlists. As an example, I use playlists to load rated songs on my player. If I want to remove a song from my player, I change its rating to zero stars and then sync my player.

The following is how I set up my player:

- I create the playlists and autoplaylists that I want loaded on my player.

- Connect my player.

- On the menu bar click on "Tools" >> "Options"

- I click on "Portable/Audio Devices" from the list on the left side of the screen, and then select my player from the list of available devices. Then I click on "Configure" button on the right. The "Device Profile" window will come up.

- I click on the "Auto-Sync List" tab.

- Under "Collections" on the left, I select "Playlists"

- A list of all of my playlists will appear. I check the playlists that I want synced to my player.

- Then I click on the "Options" tab and then click on "Auto sync" from the "Settings" list.

- I click on "Delete files and playlists not included in the Auto-Sync list from the device." Important: If you select this option, any files on your player that are not in your MediaMonkey music library will be deleted from your player.

- I then click on the "Playlists" from the "Settings" list and ensure that "Sync playlists" is checked.

- Click on "OK"

- Sync my player.

When you finishing syncing your player, the playlists and the files that they contain will be loaded on your player.

I hope this helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro