android
Old 11-20-2011, 09:13 AM

Default How to take screenshots?

Hi people,

I got my SGP 4.0 and I'd like to know how to take screenshots of my device without plugging it in my computer.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-20-2011, 02:15 PM

One way is to press and hold the Back key (at least for a second or so) and then press Home (with the Back key still pressed). It should work with most apps.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamuz View Post
One way is to press and hold the Back key (at least for a second or so) and then press Home (with the Back key still pressed). It should work with most apps.
Have you actually tried that with any of the Galaxy Players? I have a US based Galaxy Player 4 (YP-G1CWY) running the stock 2.3.5 firmware and it didn't work for me. I was able to find this app (Screen Capture Shortcut Free) in the Marketplace that allowed screen capture without rooting the phone but so far no combination of key presses seem to do the trick.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goucham View Post
Have you actually tried that with any of the Galaxy Players? I have a US based Galaxy Player 4 (YP-G1CWY) running the stock 2.3.5 firmware and it didn't work for me. I was able to find this app (Screen Capture Shortcut Free) in the Marketplace that allowed screen capture without rooting the phone but so far no combination of key presses seem to do the trick.
Actually no, I have the "international" version of the player (Galaxy S Wifi 4.0 YP-G1CW) running Froyo 2.2.2. Kinda weird that they removed this feature for the Galaxy Player 4. It may have something to do with the fact that the YP-G1CW has a physical Home button though.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:30 PM

Any news on if there's a way on the US versions? I sure haven't figured it out. May have to superoneclick this baby.

edit: I just tried: http://www.appbrain.com/app/screensh...ov.shotuxtrial and it seems to work on my SGP5. This is a 14 shot trial to see if it works, and it does (even though you get messages that it doesn't). I'll post when I get near some wifi (home).

OK, here's a couple shots from this trial. Working on my homescreen:
(got backgrounds from Zedge, GO Launcher, Widgetsoid2, Smooth Cal Widget, Jeannie, Smart Shortcuts, DIGI Clock, Battery Status Text)

Last edited by tcat; 12-02-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:58 PM

Cool. Tcat, what's that screen? Maybe you guys want to post some screen shots of the main home page?

Old 01-03-2012, 02:29 PM

That's a wallpaper off Zedge. Think I searched "android". Also mentioned a Screenshot app a few threads below, here's a copy:

I had about given up on screen shot apps. Was using Screenshot UX trial, but used up my 14 shots. Just found this that works great on my SGP5 (no root!): https://market.android.com/details?i...J0Y3V0ZnJlZSJd

Old 01-08-2012, 02:19 PM

Thought I'd update this with a new shot. Found a nice picture for my "Nav" screen at Zedge:
icons: Moon Phase (free Amazon today), GPS Fix, Navfree (icon on post), Maps, shortcut to other Nav apps.