android
Old 01-11-2012, 03:10 PM

Default Clip+ and RE0 - Getting the best out of RB

Hi, folks!

First of all, I'd like to apologize if there's a similar thread or discussion going on here on ABI. I swear I searched for the right keywords but got no matches. I could dig it a little more but I'm in a little bit of hurry here...

I just rockboxed my 4GB Clip+ yesterday and I'm very excited about all these tweaking possibilities - or so to say! I really want to get the best out of my current combo (Clip+ and RE0 3rd edition*)...

I heard somewhere that adding a +12dB on 90Hz band plus crossfeed at its default settings on would do, but I'm looking forward to what you guys think. Any opinions?

*the one with L-plug and PVC cable

Last edited by marioho; 01-11-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-11-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioho View Post
I heard somewhere that adding a +12dB on 90Hz brand plus crossfeed at its default settings on would do, but I'm looking forward to what you guys think. Any opinions?
Equalization exists to make corrections to one's sound equipment (hence the name equalizer). So what works for someone, will probably not work for someone else. You'll have to find out what works better with your headphones.

If you want to use crossfeed (which I highly recommend you do), you should search for a Rockbox build with the Meier crossfeed patched in (like this one). Much better than the default.

EDIT: Oh look, a fellow Brazilian.

Tags
clip+, crossfeed settings, re0, rockbox