android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2012, 03:44 PM

Default A43 poor user experience

I bought an Archos 43 last May, I have to say that the user experience is very poor, the touchscreen is resisitive and is irresponsive even with the latest firmware upgrade, sent mine back to Archos to see if it is defective or not. I can not understand why Archos went for a resitive screen instead of a capacitive one, it they have put the capacitive screen, the Archos 43 would be an Apple Ipod serious contender.
The picture quality of the camera is really bad, HD videos, don't know what to say. I have a Blackberry Torch 9800 and I can tell you that the camcorder quality is much better by far, I know that the phone is twice as expensive as the Archos 43

Other features of the Archos 43, like Networking, mini HDMI output, Music Player are great and work very well.

But if you are used to any decent touchscreen like the ones that come with the blackberry torch 9800, Iphone 3GS or 4, Samsung Galaxy, HTC or even lower spec phones like Samsung Europa(my little daughter has one), my recommendation is not to buy it because you will regret it.

A very upset and disappointed Archos 43 owner