android
Old 01-22-2012, 09:36 AM

Default cannot uninstall rockbox from clip +

When I plug in my clip into my computer the computer gives me message that usb devise not recognized. What now?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

If Rockbox is uninstalled you need to boot to the OF. I say if because if the uninstall was done properly all you should need to do is turn the player on and the OF should boot. The player should be recognized by the computer from there.

More information from would be helpful.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:28 AM

ok- well now I started it by holding down the left button and the power button. I then opened and hit reformat on the sansa menu. now all I got is "connect to usb" message, I do and it says "bootloader usb" mode. If I unplug it I cannot even turn it off, I just get the "file not found" followed by connect usb cable, followed by "bootloader usb mode". Very frustrated here...

Old 01-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Administrator

The Rockbox bootloader is still installed any time you get the "File not found" message. You need to reinstall the Sansa firmware.

You would to need to reconnect and follow the manual uninstallion directions.

Quote:
2.5.2 Manual Uninstallation

Copy an unmodified original firmware to your player, and then reboot into the Sandisk firmware.
If you use the button combination to reboot to the OF before you attempt to reconnect the firmware update should occur. After that Rockbox will be completely gone.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:48 PM

I do not know where to find .rockbox directory to get rid of it

Old 01-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Administrator

If the .rockbox folder is still there it would be in the root of the player. Depending on what OS you're using you may need to unhide hidden folders to see it. Some OSes consider any folder that has a "." in front of the name as hidden.

Since you're getting the File Not Found message it wouldn't seem to be there. That's the file the Rockbox bootloader is looking for. The Sansa bootloader doesn't give that message.

Listing the steps you took to try to uninstall would probably help. Just reinstalling then booting the Sandisk firmware should set things right. If not, then there would seem to be something different in what you did to uninstall.