It's all a roll of the dice... works one day and not the next. My GrooveIP stopped receiving audio the last update. I could normally call local time-temp and get a report read to me. Now I dial the number, it says "connected", but silence.... I ended up checking the Troubleshooting box "Wifi tablets" and it works fine now. That box had never been checked, so no clue if they changed something on the update, or I installed an app that screwed it up. I've been playing with several "assistant" type apps lately... they all mess with voice stuff, so I'm thinking maybe that had an effect...
I just want to make sure it's dependable before I drop my $25 unlimited VM plan... I haven't used my cell once in a month. I will likely try the $5 Truconnect mifi plan as a back-up for in car use.... I'd probably never use more than 100mb of data.