android
Old 01-26-2012, 05:13 PM

Default PowerAmp problem

okay, so i've been using poweramp for about a month without any problem, now all of a sudden when I turned my player on today and went to start my music it just plays a high pitched tone (on both speakers or headphones) I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still doing the tone but its also freezing up, any idea how to fix this? I love poweramps controls and don't like any of the other music apps any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Is the same sound coming through when you use the stock SGP music app, or another downloaded app?

Old 01-26-2012, 05:53 PM

had to install a file manager so I could delete the .nomedia file, but no. Cubed, Google Music, the default player and Zplayer all play fine.

Ok so after uninstalling a second time, restarting the player , deleting the .nomedia and then reinstalling its working again.

So I guess when uninstalling poweramp you need to reboot before reinstalling.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:45 PM

Yes but why did the problem develop?

Old 01-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sounds like the file became corrupted,...that happens on occasion with Android.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Yes but why did the problem develop?
No idea, I haven't installed any other apps or done anything other then use poweramp and play angry birds or stream netflix since the last app I installed 6 days ago, the important thing is it was relatively easily fixed and I know what to do if it happens again.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:40 AM

What exactly is or does the .nomedia file do?

Old 01-27-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
What exactly is or does the .nomedia file do?
the .nomedia stops any media file (pictures, video or music) in the folder its in and all sub folders from being being scanned in the "media scanning" that occurs everytime you boot up (when you have 20+ GB on an SD card it takes a minute or 2 to scan at every boot up before you can start your music) or unplug your android device from a computer. the issue is most players get there tracklist from that scan so if you stop it you have no music in those players, but poweramp has its own library scanner you can run only when needed.

Also, I've read that the media scanner in android won't list music when there are certain things wrong with the id3 tags, which I can vouch for the poweramp library scanner finds like 20+ more songs then the media scanner.

Why use this .nomedia, well if you have "in folder" album art all those images will show up in the default photo gallery unless you use it to block the scanning of those folders.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:23 AM

So when I put new music into my player i must manually start poweramps scan to find this new music?If thats the case could you tell me how to find this manual poweramp scan setting? Thanks Matt

Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
So when I put new music into my player i must manually start poweramps scan to find this new music?If thats the case could you tell me how to find this manual poweramp scan setting? Thanks Matt
Poweramp will do a auto rescan anytime you relaunch after force closing (ie going into task manager and force closing, and program crashes), I can't remember if it does auto when new files are added, but if it doesn't go into poweramp settings menu and click Rescan, to do it manually.