android
Old 01-27-2012, 11:33 PM

Lightbulb Question: about Voice Search settings

Hey, just started using my SGP 4.0 today, and I have a question that I hope you folk can answer.

So, I went to Android Marketplace, and tapped on Search. I saw the option for Voice Search and figured I'd try that. When I did, I was shown a pop-up asking if I'd like to use Google voice search personalization or something like that. I chose no because at that moment I had no idea what that meant exactly, and I figured I could always enable it later after I knew what it was all about.

Well, now I want to enable that feature, BUT it doesn't seem to exist on my SGP 4.0! I checked in the Voice input/output settings. For example, I only have the first 3 settings options shown in the image below, I do not have "Show Hints", "Personalized Recognition," or "Google Account Dashboard."

What is going on? Am I supposed to have those options? How do I turn Personalized Recognition on for Voice Search? Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-28-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapperP View Post
I do not have "Show Hints", "Personalized Recognition," or "Google Account Dashboard."
FWIW, I'm just finishing up reinstalling my apps on my current SGP5 (exchanged my other one yesterday) and in Settings > Voice Input and Output > Voice Recognition Settings, I only have the ones you do. I do not have the three that you listed above either.

If you do find your answer before someone supplies it here, please post it for the rest of us "Unknowing Ones" :-)

George

Old 01-28-2012, 12:56 PM

Well, I think these players just don't have those options.

Since my SGP was so new, I just did a factory reset and started from scratch. When Voice Search asked me about Personalized Recognition, this time I chose YES. But I still don't have the extended options in settings.

So, I guess we don't have that feature. Plus, if you bring Voice Search up on the app market, it says our device is not supported.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:22 PM

Voice search is one of the default apps on my sgp5. I also only see the 1st three settings (after pressing menu while the mic is on). Why do you need the other settings? I find Voice search as good as any"assistant" app.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:07 PM

Yeah, I don't need them. I just wasn't sure if those options were supposed to be there or not. Very happy with my SGP4.0 so far, but still have a lot to learn. =)

Like it more than the 4th Gen iPod Touch I had (sold it some months ago).

Old 01-29-2012, 04:30 PM

Default Voice Search on Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0

I couldnt get any help from samsung directly so here i am... I am finally getting to like this SGP 5.0 because i was able to download an offline app for the USA that works greatly,but its like once i discover something amazing about this device,something else crops up,now the voice search on the browser page wont work. I reset to factory default,the voice search on the home page in the browser works well until i add my gmail account to the device.Every time i clicked on the voice icon,it says 'Server Problem!' Another reset,downloaded various apps and files like before,the voice search works,and once again add gmail a/c and it ceases to work. Can any of you great geniuses out there help me? Thanks