android
Old 01-28-2012, 10:30 AM

Default Getting error while opening Video Player - No SD card present

hi...

as soon as i started SMP 5.0, i went to the defualt video player as i wanted to see a vid strangely, it gave me the error that sd card not present...although i've installed no sd-card till now. (got this error like 3 times when i tried to run the app).

then i saw a notification on top left "media scanning" something like that, when it said complete, then i ran the app again and i could see the list of vidz.

is it normal that the player scans the media list everytime on start?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-28-2012, 10:53 AM

Yes, the media scanner normally runs at every start-up or reboot. I have also noticed it running after moving a large file or folder on to the device.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljan View Post
hi...

as soon as i started SMP 5.0, i went to the defualt video player as i wanted to see a vid strangely, it gave me the error that sd card not present...although i've installed no sd-card till now. (got this error like 3 times when i tried to run the app).

then i saw a notification on top left "media scanning" something like that, when it said complete, then i ran the app again and i could see the list of vidz.

is it normal that the player scans the media list everytime on start?
Yes, the player needs to do a startup scan on EVERY reboot. All Android devices do this,...

Now, FYI, you should have started one "Questions about the SGP 5.0" thread, instead of a new thread every time you have a simple question. It's like spamming the forums, and it's considered bad forum etiquette every time you do it. Just sayin' is all,...

Old 01-29-2012, 12:23 PM

^lolz oke, yes i can understand that its annoying.

Requesting the mods to please merge the threads please.

EDIT:
Micro-Sd Card Question.

Now, i've to buy a micro sd-card. any idea which one would be better? i read that cards with higher class are better? (which company's card should i get? i'm getting too many results on ebay for 32 gb micro-sd card)

Last edited by jamaljan; 01-29-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: another question :P

Old 01-29-2012, 03:22 PM

I got the one offered on amazon as part of the SGP purchase.Go to the site and you will see it.32g works fine.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljan View Post
Now, i've to buy a micro sd-card. any idea which one would be better? i read that cards with higher class are better? (which company's card should i get? i'm getting too many results on ebay for 32 gb micro-sd card)
There was a discussion thread about card speeds a while back but it contains some good information about memory card options in general so you might want to give that a read - http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67172.

The consensus was you don't need more than a Class 4 card. In my experience, you can reap some benefits from going higher but only if you spend a lot of time copying large [e.g. 100MB+] files from your computer to your SGP. The manufacturer isn't terribly important but read customer reviews whenever possible.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:22 AM

^ thanks for the link. its quite useful