android
Old 07-18-2011, 03:48 AM

Default How to ramp up low freq bass ?

I recently got myself NWZ A844 , im one of the bass lovers and well, im not really satisfied with the bass im gettin ..

I also have W700i , previously i used to listen music on my phone. And i must say it has a really nice response as far as low freq bass is concerned. The Eq has 5 bands, and i ramp up the first one. second one is almost a little more than zero. The punch is so deep i just love it. It makes you feel like inside of ur ear is moving..

But in a844 i noticed that punch is audible but its not that loud. Instead bass in the range of 45 - 60 is more dominant. I dont like it very much, i cant listen to it for very long.

Now im thinking i made a mistake spending 195$ on this walkman while instead of gaining more Quality + More deep bass response all i got is a downgrade.

Can anyone suggest what can i do to get that Really Low and Deep Bass on this a844 ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you boosted the "Clear Bass"?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:04 AM

yea its already on max. But it also increases 40-50 hz spectrum , which kinda shadows the low end. its really a different experience when u can simply increase bass in the range of 30~hz and not even touch anything above..

Old 07-23-2011, 12:19 PM

hi,
sorry to hear about your bad bass that isnt good

i find my new a845 very good - nice punchy bass through my bose ie2s cans

ive got the eq flat, but with the surround sound now set to matrix - used studio before

its all good with the 845+bose

what cans are you using?

cheers
dan

Old 07-23-2011, 02:09 PM

You could get a ZO, which fixes these mud/mid-bass issues in the best way currently possible, but it's another thing to carry around.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:52 PM

oh darn !! thanks for the ZO link im absolutely in love with this !! i think ill get it for sure. just checked amazon it says its out of stock went to sharperimage they only deliver it in us :| this sucks .. im in india ..

Quote:
danx55 - "what cans are you using?"
Im using the MDR NC 033 earbuds that came with a844 , is there any margin for improvement in the lower range if i upgrade em ?

Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon88 View Post
oh darn !! thanks for the ZO link im absolutely in love with this !! i think ill get it for sure. just checked amazon it says its out of stock went to sharperimage they only deliver it in us :| this sucks .. im in india ..

Im using the MDR NC 033 earbuds that came with a844 , is there any margin for improvement in the lower range if i upgrade em ?
The standard buds are really crappy, they are uncomfortable and they look really bad. If I were you I would buy the Hippo vb as you are a basslover right?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:45 PM

Yea i guess ur right , any other suggestions for cans besides hippo ?

Old 02-08-2012, 08:37 AM

Can you access the service menu and adjust the Bass in the dac settings? I've just got an A729 and raised 50Hz from -4.5 to 0. Might be worth seeing what settings your player has.

In fact it sounds similar to the issue I was having with the NW A3000 eq, the lowest slider boosted frequencies that were higher than the lowest it was producing so while it made some songs sound better, others like Unfinished Sympathy (the 1st bass kick especially) didn't sound as pleasant without the natural bass. I'm pleased with the A729 in that sense as the Clearbass does affect these lower frequencies.

Last edited by Deders; 09-28-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Tags
a844, bass, music, quality