android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3 > Samsung P3 Firmware

Old 10-29-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman9099 View Post
Sign me up...

I'd love some of the CrApple iPod Touch features of the P3's music playscreen, like the on screen drag volume, and for more of the bugs, like the gap in between songs and the "Song Format Not Supported" thing to come up when you change songs too fast, and also there needs to be a better, more streamlined UI that is more like the Zune, so that there is a reduction in lag when looking through the music by album (I hate that slider bar at the edge, my fingers, though I have small hands & fingers for a guy, are too fat to make accurate touches so I trip things that I don't want to)...
YEA , the side bar is kinda bugging me too. And the "bounce back" reaction after stopping from scrolling , using fingers , is not as smooth as the ZHD's , the touch's , or the S9 for that matter of fact. It jerks a little bit after it stops , so that it's exactly directly below one of the files. I'd rather it stop when I stop scrolling.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-29-2009, 04:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adclancer View Post
But... but...why!? I have no issues too , but don't you want to get the most out of a player that can do so much more ? True , the reason I bought the P3 was mainly because of it's SQ , but we all saw potential in the P3 as the next big thing , the next big contender. It's the same way with , say , food. We're all fine eating anything that fills our stomach , because that's the main purpose of it , but if we're gonna eat something , we might as well eat something that tastes good right?
No, all I ever wanted was a DAP that played audio and video well - anything else on the P3 is just pointless bling.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adclancer View Post
YEA , the side bar is kinda bugging me too. And the "bounce back" reaction after stopping from scrolling , using fingers , is not as smooth as the ZHD's , the touch's , or the S9 for that matter of fact. It jerks a little bit after it stops , so that it's exactly directly below one of the files. I'd rather it stop when I stop scrolling.
the zHD, the S9, and the Touch all have much faster/better processors then the P3, and therefore can support smoother graphics (and smoother just about everything for that matter)

Old 10-31-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
No, all I ever wanted was a DAP that played audio and video well - anything else on the P3 is just pointless bling.

Same goes for me. Heck, I haven't used it for anything other than the audio for over a couple months now...not even watching videos anymore...

Old 10-31-2009, 12:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Raven View Post
Same goes for me. Heck, I haven't used it for anything other than the audio for over a couple months now...not even watching videos anymore...
That's how I use my players too.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:33 AM
Banned

I don't even use it for video because my phone's screen is larger and much higher resolution.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:03 PM

I haven't given up yet... I never saw Samsung making any announcements about anything like "Last firmware"... And the new firmware happens to be 2.20 (allows widget functions on certain custom UCIs) which came out last month...

Old 10-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Samsung Moderator

Samsung never makes annoucement for that!
Only insiders like me can get information about it.
And I tell you, the 2.20 will likely remain the last P3 firmware.
It's only a business question. I'm a Samsung expert since 2005 and from my observation, there is a firmware support during 1 year after the product release. But this year, Samsung has released more models than usually. So they have much to do with the CP3, CM3, R1, R0, M1 and coming products.
The korean developper of the P3 (and of P2 and M1 too) told me there is no feature to add on the P3 according to him.
If he thinks that, no new firmware will be released. That's it.
I hope I'm wrong and I would appreciate if they listen to me, but it seems I did not manage to convince them we need one more update on the P3.

Last edited by lebellium; 10-31-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:24 PM

Exclamation

Drag volume and GAPLESS is all I want. Come on Samsung, you can do it !!!
Please , Bitte , Per Favore , . . .

Last edited by RaduSpeedy; 11-07-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:04 AM
Banned

Gapless I doubt very much... drag volume - install 2.07 like I did. There's no looking back - P3 firmwares are finished, beendet, TERMINADO.

Last edited by Dreamnine; 11-01-2009 at 07:13 AM.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:13 PM

out of reading all the posts, i think a qwerty keyboard for memos and a full useable appointment calendar would be nice. and very feasible.

The one other thing id like is if people could create widgets for us to use, like UCI widgets or seomthing....cause users come up with good stuff that developers miss sometimes.

Oh, and ive seen these AMOLED screens and im watching videos on my p3 now, and i honestly cant see that big a difference... its like watching a year old lcd tv vs a new one.... i think the screen is beautiful...

Old 01-01-2010, 01:26 AM

i'm def. down for a new fw. a touchscreen volume control, momentum scrolling and a snappier ui will be great features.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:59 AM

Pity there is no such thing as opening up the code for folks to possibly tinker themselves (s0 the folks at rockbox could possibly have done something..)
with what is after one year already apperently a player which will get no more support =/
I got this player from my lady at christmas a few days ago, and am quite happy with it, except for the non gapless playback and some other small niggles like no support for cue files (related to trying to solve the gapless issue myself by merging my live albums into singlefile multitrack ogg which when played just makes the p3 reboot, and using mp3 it cant read the cue..)

.. I got my nephew a €10 mp3 player from the toystore and ít does it fine grrmbl..

In any event - I wish everyone a good New Year!

Old 05-31-2011, 03:34 PM

I am in favor. they need to make the apps available to the us.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:38 PM

They need to fix the emodio website they would not asist me when I called them then they said they would look into it and the next day emodio was gone!!!

Old 05-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

This is a dead thread,...

Old 05-31-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zettek95 View Post
They need to fix the emodio website they would not asist me when I called them then they said they would look into it and the next day emodio was gone!!!
Not only is this thread dead, but Samsung killed off emodio sometime last year (and I say good riddance! I never used something more worthless :P)

Old 02-10-2012, 11:30 AM

how do you downgrade from 2.22 to 2.07?

Old 02-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Samsung Moderator

Try the recovery tool. There is a sticky tutorial