android
Old 02-09-2012, 08:15 PM

Default Lost my /root directory

I usually use the "root" as my playlist for my rockboxed e200 ... somehow I deleted it upgrading to Rockbox version 3.10.

After finagling with things for over an hour I finally was able to create a play list that included all 2800 of my songs. I'm afraid that without the root directory i wont be able to add more songs tho.

How do I recreate the /root directory for Rockbox pls?? Any help appreciated

Last edited by cg429; 02-09-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg429 View Post
I usually use the "root" as my playlist for my rockboxed e200 ... somehow I deleted it upgrading to Rockbox version 3.10.

After finagling with things for over an hour I finally was able to create a play list that included all 2800 of my songs. I'm afraid that without the root directory i wont be able to add more songs tho.

How do I recreate the /root directory for Rockbox pls?? Any help appreciated
Please provide additional information so we can better help you resolve the issue. Do you keep the songs in "root"? I am also confused about recreatinng the /root directory. By upgrading Rockbox the directories are all recreated (updated) in root. Can you please clarify?
With knowledge, comes great power.
With power, comes great responsibility.
With responsibility, comes great wisdom.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Playlist handling changed right before the 3.10 release. They don't just get dumped in the root of the drive anymore. When you save a playlist for the first time it creates a folder, Playlists, automatically. After that the rest of the playlists you make will save there.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:02 AM

Default Ty skip

Now, can you pls tell me how to add songs to the playlist without regenerating the entire thing? The old update process took a good while and i am approaching 3000 songs on my player (added an 8gb SDHC card).

Does "auto update" setting do this job for me? I've never used it....

Old 02-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Administrator

I prefer not to paraphrase the manual's directions in this case. http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...ml#x7-650004.4

What you do and how you do it depends on where you start from and what you want to do. What's possible from within a playlist, the database and the file browser are each somewhat different. To be safe you could save your original playlist under a different name and experiment with the original. That way you won't lose that one as you experiment.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:42 PM

Default TY again

I hadn't updated Rockbox in quite a while-- seems a few things have changed. Anything special I need to pay attention to?

Any and all comnents appreciated.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Administrator

That would be tough for me to say. You could check the release notes since your last update.
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes

Changes that are important to me may mean nothing to you. An example would be embedded album art being enabled. To some it was the greatest thing ever, and to others it was an absolute meh development.

The one question I see about as much as any other is "What happened to "X" theme?" If it's been a while since you've updated there may have been theme syntax changes that cause older themes to break. What's on the theme site now should work with the release and current builds.