android
Old 12-09-2011, 04:02 AM

Default Zen Mozaic - some issues

Hi
like many, I'm having some bother with Zen and playlists.
I've tried forming playlists on the Zen itself. However, though I follow the instructions as given by Zen, I end up with every song in the album/list of tracks appearing in the playlist I create. clearly, when I select the track to 'add to selected', I'm doing something wrong. Anyone got any suggestions?

One other thing, if I drop my Zen or bump it, it automatically freezes/switches off - is this normal?

thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-09-2011, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
... One other thing, if I drop my Zen or bump it, it automatically freezes/switches off - is this normal?

thanks
While I’m sure DAPs are designed to withstand some abuse, dropping them can break them or cause them to fail, so best not to drop them or smash them … sorry no help with playlist as I don’t own a zen.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-09-2011, 06:19 AM

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer. I wasn't meaning if I dropped it from a height or anything. Even if it falls onto a soft carpet/cushion from no height at all, it switches off!

Old 12-09-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer. I wasn't meaning if I dropped it from a height or anything. Even if it falls onto a soft carpet/cushion from no height at all, it switches off!
Some DAPs are built better than others, by accident my clip once went flying about 20 + feet landing on concrete and I expected it to fail but to my surprise it worked fine other than a few scratches. BTW Marvin the martian had a mozaic IIRC, he might be able to shed more light than I, good luck.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Some DAPs are built better than others, by accident my clip once went flying about 20 + feet landing on concrete and I expected it to fail but to my surprise it worked fine other than a few scratches. BTW Marvin the martian had a mozaic IIRC, he might be able to shed more light than I, good luck.
I did have one, quite a while ago....but I don't use playlists....so I can't help you there.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:43 AM

Never had issues like this with my Mozaic. It's not been miss treated bu there has been to odd drop etc. I would suggest trying a clean up from the recovery menu see if that helps

Old 02-10-2012, 11:47 PM

Hi! I see you´ve been having problems with your Zen Mozaic recently. I´m looking for a used Zen with a working screen/display in order to fix mine that is almost brand new but has been out of use for a couple years because the screen is broken (otherwise, everything works fine) I´m very attached to it so I don´t want to give up. If your Zen has a working screen and you´d like to sell it, would you like to contact me? I heard it is possible to change the screen and it would work just fine.